Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Unbelievable Game Breaking Bug (Chaotic Swell)

Options

Sometimes I actually wonder if the people who make this game even play Pokemon, or for that matter even like Pokemon.

Anyways, given that standard is unplayable at the moment with a myriad of technical game breaking bugs, I opted to go play expanded, far far away from where the new cards not being programmed could hurt me, boy was I wrong.

I run Eternatus VMAx as my main deck in expanded, with chaotic swell as my stadium of choice, to counter path to the peak. Now while playing expanded for about 2 weeks now, I noticed something funny about the way chaotic swell is programmed.

The order of events in the way the card is programmed is objectively wrong, first my swell sits normally in play, then my opponent plays path, then it bumps swell, so path is in play, shutting down Eternal Zone, forcing me to discard 3 pokemon from my bench, then the game bumps path, but i already discarded 3 pokemon, 3 pokemon that I dont get back. What should happen is that when another stadium is put in play, the game should automatically discard both.

If you had told me 3 years ago that I would have to explain to the Pokemon Companies developers how to code a card for a new client I would have laughed in your face but I guess this is how things are now.

This bug doesn't seem like a huge deal but is this client riddled with so many issues when we had a perfectly functional old client that no one ever complained about? It's just disheartening, anyways devs, I gave you the bug, and how to fix it, hope to see it resolved soon.

Comments