Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

How do i play hoopa

Options

I'm having trouble understanding how to play hoopa any advice

for reference I use phantom force/shadow ball with hyperspace hold

exp share muscle band and focus band with x speed as my battle item

Comments

• PhoenixAffinity
    PhoenixAffinity Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Hoopa is a difficult Support to play, it takes alot more forward thinking and getting the timing practice down. I'm a Defender and Support main, but even then I still have issues playing Hoopa in a meaningful and helpful manner, its a very powerful Pokemon that takes time to learn. Hyperspace Hole is definitely the more advanced move in Hoopa's kit, when placed around the map it has the time buffer before anyone on top of it gets teleported back to base, and for a short while after you can click the analog stick, or other button if your playing mobile to teleport to the place where the portal was placed down. The key is placing it down early nearby teammates actively fighting so that when they get low, all the teammate needs to do is go into the portal to escape the fight. The other usage for hyperspace hole is to place it on one of your goals so that you and your teammates can teleport across the map, an oppressive ability that makes you value keeping your goals extra safe. sometimes your teammates will try to gesture from their placement within the Minimap that they want Hoopa to teleport them to the other side of the map, just place the portal or place it automatically to encourage teammates to take it be ready and in position for the impending objective team fight. Phantom force since its rework has alot more synergy with the hyperspace hole combination, with it jumping to one position and immediately stunning and pushing characters within an area around the teleported area, then using it again to jump back into the position you were previously. There's also the trick of you place down the hyperspace hole, you phantom force into the hole and it teleports you back to base, you can then use the 2nd hyperspace hole to jump back all the way to the fight faster than taking the portal back yourself which shows an elevated way of playing the Pokemon. Also, lets not forget about Hoopa's powerful, powerful unite move. just put a portal down anywhere on the map that your whole team can teleport to, can be used to swarm an objective followed the team being in a different place on the map, popular usages for this is Hoopa goes to bottom lane when their team secured regieleki, then puts the portal down to take the bottom lane regi by summoning the team, and also overwhelming the opposing team if they try to take it when the whole team comes in and blasts all their attacks wiping the objective and opposing team. It can also be used in a very coordinated manner, such as Hoopa is waiting at the Ray pit, you got 1 or 2 teammates backcapping to score on goals when the opposing team is not paying attention, then after they score Hoopa puts the portal down to teleport them to the fight and proceed to take the objective in the opposing teams confusion. Another more supporty usage is after 2 or more of your team get knocked out in the fight, and upon respawning you can put the portal down to get them back into the fight faster to make a comeback fight and overwhelm the opposing team in a similar way, getting the lead and taking the objective. Hoopa's kit is powerful, but it takes time to learn, but in my mind its by far the most powerful character in Unite through its unrivaled utility, and not through its damage.

• SobbleBoi27
    SobbleBoi27 Member Posts: 14
    First Comment
    Options

Hoopa is a very unique supporter.  They specialize in movement of ally pokemon across the map. 

In Pokemon Unite... Important game objectives such as Zapdos/Rayquaza, Rotom/Regeeleki,  and Drednaw/Regirock/Registeel/Regiice may take a long time to travel towards. 

With your Unite Move... you can create a portal that instantly travels to these objectives so you and your team can get the buffs from these pokemon before the other team travels to it. 

Hyperspace Hole is extremely good at providing a safe escape for a group of allies that instantly heals yourself and allies. If you use Hyperspace Hole after the 5 minute mark, you may use the jump pad to return to your lane within 5 seconds. That means you can restore a entire team's full health and get back to your lane within seconds. 

In addition to Hyperspace Hole healing... Hoopa's passive ability may steal enemy berries and teleport them to your side for ally or self use. 

However, a big downside to Hoopa is Solo Que games. Many players do not understand the benefits of Hoopa and may not use the portal mechanics because they are unfamiliar with them. Hoopa is best used with a few friends in your lobby that know how to use Hyperspace Hole. 

Hope this is useful  :)