Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

WHY DOES EVERY DEVICE GET AS HOT AS THE FREAKING SUN WITHIN 1 MINUTE OF LOADING THIS GAME?!?

2»

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

... Okay, what that guy said was dumb, but you think your phone is as powerful as a high-end PC? Uhhh... Maybe one from 10-15 years ago...

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes First Anniversary 100 Comments

I do think that an app shouldn't eat so much ram on a phone that was released in, like, 2020 or later. Which this game seems to do. I mentioned this in another thread once but manually disabling the in-game sound does seem to make at least a bit of a difference. Why that makes any difference at all when I use this game with the sound off on my entire phone is beyond me.

• Artanis299
    Artanis299 Member Posts: 9
    First Comment Photogenic

game heats up strong gpu as well even in game menu

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes First Anniversary 100 Comments

Update: despite manually dialing the in-game sound as low as it can possibly go, audio is still shown in my system settings as the maim power drain for this game. I have it turned all the way down and my phone on mute, with my phone's volume also at 0, there is NO reason it should be using audio at all.

• pears_91
    pears_91 Member Posts: 39
    5 Agrees Name Dropper 10 Comments

has anyone tried using any of the texture compression stuff?

I tried to download this on my step sons tablet but could not figure it out.

ASTC compression (must have OpenGL3.0+ and extension GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_ldr)

I missed this listed in the minimum requirements that this texture compression must be active on android device.

he bought the recommended tablet on pokemon website, Samsung S7 to play the game especially to play it,

it lags so much,, i played directly against him and we realised he was like 2/3 min lagging behind what was happening on my screen and in the end he doesn't even got a turn because his clock times out by the time his screen catches up his turn is over.