Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Inactivity timer begins too fast (every game, every single turn)

Sanisk
Sanisk Member Posts: 4
Second Anniversary 5 Agrees First Comment Photogenic

(been trying to post this a few times, here goes nothing)

I got this is from the "Community Sourced Patch Notes and Known Issues" post :

"(Since start of Beta) Sometimes the inactivity timer begins too fast (5-15 seconds) resulting in forced quick decisions or user action"

This needs to be fixed. I've been stuck with this for the past week now.

• Every game starts with a 4-5 second timer to flip the coin and make a choice
  • Then, another 4-5 seconds when picking my starting Pokémon (this one includes mulligans, which means if I have any mulligans at all, my active will be picked automatically from my hand because I run out of time).
  • Then, every turn, the 14-15 second timer appears immediatly, before the drawing animation, which leaves me 10 seconds or so to decide and make a move.
  • The timer will appear again after I play a card, maybe a few seconds after each card is played. Playing cards with long animations like Marnie leaves me with 8 seconds or so to act.

Any fixes for this ? It's really unplayable right now, no time to think, can't play what I need, can't win.

Comments

• ShiningLancer
    ShiningLancer Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Answers 25 Likes

I've had this bug since the astral radiance update.

There is no fix. I sent a ticket to support and got a response of:

We appreciate you reaching out to report this issue and apologize for any inconvenience it caused. This s a known issue and has been forwarded to the development team for further assessment. While we hope to have this issue resolved as soon as possible, we're unable to provide regular updates regarding its resolution.

If you can play fast on the first turn or two the timer eases up and gives you enough time to think.

• Sanisk

It somehow just got even worse today ..?

It seems that my own timer begins after the opponent picked their attack (unsure exactly why/when it starts). If they have an additional effect with the attack (looking for something in their deck, attaching some energy), then by the time my turn comes, my turn is skipped because the timer is already at zero.

Fantastic gameplay right there.

• Sanisk

The game won't let me play at all anymore.

My timer ends before the animation for drawing a card even ends, and then I skip my turn.

• WaffeleisenJoe
    WaffeleisenJoe Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Got the same problem, too.

is there any fix now ?

• fictoris
    fictoris Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

Same problem.

• willsagamer
    willsagamer Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

still an issue and its gotten worse to where as soon as my turn starts it ends. May 14th 2023