Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokémon TCG Live 1.5.0 Update Discussion Thread

Options
1235»

Comments

• Dannyralph89
    Dannyralph89 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Played Irida and couldn’t chose Greninja. 👎👎

• TortolaBR
    TortolaBR Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

That would be true, if algorithms were 100% identical as RL :)

• Baggetto
    Baggetto Member Posts: 97 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 LOLs Name Dropper
    Options

That’s not how ranked ladder works. It should take into account your win-rate, your rank the opponent’s rank when calculating how many points you win/lose.

The implementation we have on PTCGL is very lazy and simplistic (you win x and you lose x) and it makes the whole system pointless.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    edited May 2023 #45
    Options

I don't disagree with that, but they were arguing that you shouldn't lose any points at all for losing.

Well, actually I do disagree with the win rate part. That doesn't even make sense. I know you have a vendetta against the game and want it to die as soon as possible to bring back PTCGO though so... :/

• Baggetto
    Baggetto Member Posts: 97 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 LOLs Name Dropper
    Options

If you played any competitive game with a well implemented ranking system you would know that a higher win-rate means that you “deserve” to be at a higher rank so the system adapts by giving you more points per win. This way you get quickly placed at the correct rank based on your skill level reducing the number of unfair matches that would take place.

I personally don’t want PTCGO back, it’s a good thing that it was sunsetted. It was an old platform that was never really great just acceptable.

That doesn’t change the fact that I’m highly disappointed in the replacement we got and that after 1 and a half years of “active” development it looks basically the same as it did in closed beta, with all it’s bugs and poor coding/design/features.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

The higher win rate would affect the system. Rather, a higher win rate would naturally result in a higher rank. Simple as the current system is, it already does that. That said, you can't use a system from, say, a fighting game in a TCG due to the luck factor.

• PSYCOMMU
    PSYCOMMU Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

Glasses still change colors. How is this not just hotfixed a day later like a normal game? You have the biggest IP in human history.