Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Virtually Unusable on Kindle Fire 10 HD

Options

Let me share my experience trying to get PTCGL installed and running for my kid to try out:

They have a Kindle Fire 10 HD, so it's an uphill battle just to get the game installed. I spent a bunch of time installing Google Play store installed, which of course is not the Pokemon Company's fault (except that I wouldn't have to do it if it was available in the Amazon App store).

Finally got the game installed, have already set up my parental account and my kid's account on the website. Immediately after installing it I load it up and log in, and while the process is slow it eventually enters into the tutorial. At this point, I close the game because I want my kid to go through the tutorial.

Later with my kid next to me, I try to log in, and the app just doesn't do anything for several minutes, not even a spinner. Just a greyed-out Log In button, so I don't know if it's doing anything or locked up. After several retries, I eventually give up, the kid finds something else to play.

Now today my kid's at school I decide to try again and this time I have the time to just wait and see what happens. Eventually it progresses… the music starts playing… and then the screen fills with a solid light grey color and that's just it.

After using the app switcher I finally get to the main screen with the tutorial, but it's so choppy I doubt it will be playable on this device.

Then I go install Pokémon TCG Online. Log in, tutorial starts, much snappier, seems like a functional program.

My advice for the Pokémon Company: cut your losses, stick with TCG Online, add the new cards to it. The new app is a lemon.