Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Avatars have been updated, and Johto Region Pokémon are now available for selection!

Attention Trainers!

The team is aware of potential issues TCG Live players might experience with currency and card exchanges. If you notice any odd behavior or instances where they don't show up, please restart your client.

If the issue persists or exchanges fail completely, please contact our Support Team for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

Is there a way to see my opponents deck after a match?

Jabao0303
Jabao0303 Member Posts: 2
First Comment

I would like to know

Best Answer

• uncomonfossil
    uncomonfossil Member Posts: 129
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    #2 Answer ✓

Unfortunately no. One of the several features we had in PTCGO that we do not have in Live.

Answers

• Jabao0303
    Jabao0303 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Thanks that’s sad

• MrPirate20000
    MrPirate20000 Member Posts: 17
    5 Agrees 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    ✭✭

I have to agree that it's sad we can no longer do this. I am (I think one of the few) folks that actually like the live client better (in some ways) than the old one. I hated the "trading" aspect as it was just SO painful to actually build anything, but I VERY much hate that we don't have a "pre-built" format anymore (for instance with the "theme" decks). I loved that you could go in knowing that (for the most part) folks would be mostly evenly matched and it depended more on play decisions than just having the latest greatest "trick" deck.

But ... not being able to see the deck you battered against AFTER winning or loosing (or having a log to study) is a huge loss ... I do so hope they bring that back.

• Brandonusofa
    Brandonusofa Member Posts: 73
    First Anniversary 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees
    ✭✭

i MISS THAT FEATURE! People revealing their decks makes us all better players.

• b4ronsamedi
    b4ronsamedi Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Another example of the odd choice to emphasize unrestricted potential to explore the whole card catalogue out the gate while prioritizing development of game features that discourage choosing to actually do so.

The dev direction is like an artistic experiment in contrast with that and the choice to push fancy high effort features that normally are used to encourage micro transactions early in a game that's trying to innovate a digital TCG system without any micro transactions.

I'm pretty sure they got the dev team set up like they do the game releases, two separate but equal teams with opposing goals. I can't wait till they bring in the third group later to finish up by adding all the stuff that you'd expect from the start and finally revealing that we were on the path to a functional and well-rounded the entire time!