Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why 400 codes limit ?

Options

Why you set this limit since we buy every pack using our own money and we deserve to have its digital equivalent...

Comments

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    edited April 2023 #2
    Options

Many people were saying that the 400 limit it's only temporary while game is in beta, I hope it's true, because it makes no sense, especially when there is no trade option and the packs no longer contain 10 cards. All they doing is making it harder to get cards.

In my case I already opened almost 300 pack (from code cards) of the latest set in less then a month...

• MissingNerd
    MissingNerd Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

So you can't exploit oversights like Celebrations forever

• DoubleCure
    Options

If that "exploit" was the problem they could allow us to keep opening the code packs, but after 400 we would't get any credits for extra copies, that way the codes would be less useless after 400.

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes
    Options

really you should never need more than 400 codes to redeem. ive been playing free and have no problem getting any deck i want

• DoubleCure
    Options

I understand but people have different goals, like some love the golden cards, others like to complete each set, etc.

For players that migrated and already got large amout of cards and don't care about the card art, etc may be easy, also they can use the celebrations in game packs.

But for new players it's not that easy, the codes are essential and also fun... that 400 limit just makes it harder for new players, or players that want to speed it up and don't want to wait months to be able to build a new deck, or players with other goals.

I really don't see the point of limit it to 400, if people want to use codes why not let them? PTCG Online had no limit and booster packs had 10 cards and that was never a problem.