Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Ptcgl Animations on mobile

It's is not the same as the animations on desktop. Why?

Answers

• MrPirate20000
    MrPirate20000 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Likes Name Dropper

My guess would be the limitations of graphic processors for mobile ... or just a different graphics engine behind it (which now that I think about it is more likely the cause since a lot of phones (apple in particular) have better graphics capabilities than most desktops / laptops these days).

If anything I REALLY wish that they could add an option to disable all effects for mobile as a way to save battery life. As it stands, on an iPhone 14 Pro, the app heats up the phone like nothing else (even high end mobile games) and sucks battery like its gatorade on a 120 degree day in the sun).

I keep hoping that as this app moves out of "beta" that they will fix the resource usage issues for mobile ... I really really hope ...

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

At this point I'm pretty confident that a single memory leak is causing the majority of glitches lol

• MrPirate20000
    MrPirate20000 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Likes Name Dropper

My guess would be the limitations of graphic processors for mobile ... or just a different graphics engine behind it (which now that I think about it is more likely the cause since a lot of phones (apple in particular) have better graphics capabilities than most desktops / laptops these days).

If anything I REALLY wish that they could add an option to disable all effects for mobile as a way to save battery life. As it stands, on an iPhone 14 Pro, the app heats up the phone like nothing else (even high end mobile games) and sucks battery like its gatorade on a 120 degree day in the sun).

I keep hoping that as this app moves out of "beta" that they will fix the resource usage issues for mobile ... I really really hope ...