Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

I can't play Ranked because I have "banned/illegal cards" in my deck

TLDR: Pokemon TCG Live is not letting me use a fair deck that fits the Standard rules and shows cards as "banned"

Upon start-up of the Pokemon TCG Live client, it tells you that the card "Scoop Up Net" has been temporarily banned. I think nothing of it and go to play a round but my deck is somehow "not eligible" to be able to participate.

A few cards that are "banned" in my deck are the following:

• Zacian V
  • Zamazenta V
  • Bird Keeper
  • Marnie
  • Cape of Toughness
  • Rotom
  • Powerful (Normal) Energy

I don't understand why I can't use my deck during a game as well as some of those cards specifically. I was playing an hour prior to me re-logging back on using those exact same cards. My deck is 60/60 and doesn't contain "Scoop Up Net" which fits the Standard rules. Is this a bug?

Note: As a test, I copied my deck and removed the banned cards but when trying to search for them in my card library, none appeared. (Help please)

Answers

• jarvis1002
    jarvis1002 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Same for me

• Ishmill88
    Ishmill88 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Yeah same for me all of my decks have atleast 5 to 10 cards apparently illegal to play with. This is a big bug that I hope they sort out soon as can't play my favourite game at the moment.... Sad times!!!

• kot123456
    kot123456 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 100 Comments 25 Likes First Anniversary

Rotation happened, which means cards with D mark at the left bottom can not be played in Standard anymore. This happens every year and every year the cards with the oldest mark leaves Standard. If you still want to play those cards you can play them in Expanded.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

They accidentally made rotation happen early. This was supposed to happen a few hours from now anyway. You have to build new decks after the new set drops.

• TechHog

It's not really a bug. They just flipped a switch too early. This was going to happen later today no matter what. Every year, you're going to have to build new standard decks due to rotation.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

in addition to what @TechHog said, all cards that have the "D" mark AND a newer one will stay in rotation

• stealthboy2600
    stealthboy2600 Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Answer Second Anniversary

Unfortunately it looks like they rotated cards out before they rotated in the new cards. So today is going to be an intermediate state where we can't play a lot of things.

Rotation means all cards with the "D" mark in the lower-left will no longer be standard.

The scoop up net thing is not really related - just a "normal" PTCGL bug where it would put all cards attached into your hand as well (those are supposed to get discarded and only the Pokemon goes into your hand).

• squibix
    squibix Member Posts: 43
    5 Agrees First Anniversary 10 Comments

The developers accidentally implemented half of the standard rotation early. All the cards you mentioned are part of the D block, which will be rotating out of standard in three weeks. Live was meant to rotate today, with the release of Scarlet and Violet. It's pretty dumb.

• stealthboy2600
    stealthboy2600 Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Answer Second Anniversary

Not entirely the situation here. They rotated out the 'D' cards but failed to rotate in the new S&V cards. So we are in an intermediate state right now. There are reprints of cards which are (today) not standard like Nest ball and Pokegear 3.0.

• TechHog

Weird to phrase it like this 20 minutes before the set release lol