Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokemon TCG Live is a "Trading Card Game" by name only.

Options
HydraBaby
HydraBaby Member Posts: 1

Are there plans to add trading in the future, or are we getting a "trading card game" where we can't trade?...

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Most other digital TCG apps also like trading. PTCGO was actually one of the few exceptions, not the rule.

• Mod_Ice
    Mod_Ice Moderator Posts: 6 mod
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Hi @HydraBaby ,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I edited your post as posting images on the forum is not allowed. If you ever have images you'd like to share with support or the development team, I encourage you to open a ticket. To do so, visit https://support.pokemon.com/ then click the Pokémon Trading Card Game Live link. From there, click "Contact Us". Any feedback shared with the support team will be relayed to the development team for review.

Thanks!

• SoroSorrow
    SoroSorrow Member Posts: 49
    First Answer First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

I feel like the crafting system has replaced the trading system. At least now we can craft any cards we want and not having to rely on trade. But yeah I understand that being able to trade would be nice

• Betrayze
    Betrayze Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees First Answer First Comment
    Options

If we really wanna get pandantic about this PTCGO had a problem where you couldn't trade cards for cards. It was always cards for pack using packs as a virtual currency. So you were buying cards not trading for them. At least live removes the clearly broken and not used as intended marketplace and replaces it with such a better system.

• Deadfireprime
    Deadfireprime Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Most other digital TCG apps also like trading. PTCGO was actually one of the few exceptions, not the rule.

Er...In the Digital card game market we have:

Magic: The Gathering Arena, Legends of Runeterra, Gwent, Eternal, Shadowverse, and Hearthstone.

None of these allow for players to trade any part of their respective inventory with each other. Additionally they all have came out with many hours of reading as to why that is.

I should also point out that the word "trading" in card games is often used when one player plays a card and then the other player plays a card reactively and then comparing the used resources/provisions and net points of the cards.

So I fail to see the point of this feedback other than seeing Pokemon is following suit with the market and doesn't have to share with it's own chaotic secondary market.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

@Deadfireprime Oops, I meant "lack," not "like." Lol