Pokemon Champions - Feedback/Suggestions
I hope this is the right place for it. I apologise if i put this thread in the wrong place, so please move the post if I made a mistake here.
I love this game so far. Absolutely fantastic intro music that i can listen to non-stop, amazing animations, lots of hours of gameplay and good roster of Pokemon
I've been in competitive battling for a long time so I'm hoping this would be a fair suggestion.
I have some minor issues.
Single Battles → I really really hope this is expanded from 3 v 3 to 4 v 4 at the very least (Ofcourse the more the better, but i understand the reasons).
The problem is pivotting.
How it happens in most of the game is the first person to take the first kill ends up winning because they have 3 pokemon alive in total so they can always pivot to their 'non win-condition' pokemon to sack/sacrifice it, to allow their win condition pokemon to pick up the win.
Singles has become highly about who gets their lead Pokemon correct and who can bring the correct 3 mons against another. Also it hangs in the fine balance of luck (If you ever get unlucky with a freeze, you might be cooked) . The less number of pokemon doesn't allow you to 'come back'.
The odd number selection of choice is the main issue here. 4 v 4 would correct it because its an even number. It wont just be "first to kill is first to win". I understand not making it 6 v 6 because games can go too long with stall and the main focus point is VGC/doubles - I get it.
Double Battles
I almost have no issues here. Its a fantastic meta with a lot more thinking involves and some really fun strategies (Trick Room, Weather, etc.)
the only pokemon that is a bit busted is Archaulodon especially with the pelipper-swampert core so i hope the next roster could address it. I don't think the pokemon itself is broken , I think the ability "Stamina" is the issue.
Gameplay
Other than that, gameplay wise I dont think there's been a lot of issues.
Sometimes On Mobile, i accidently mis-click and replace things (items on another pokemon that i wasnt intending to) , or swap Pokemon accidently.
So on mobile, maybe instead of
tap Pokemon + tap Party to swap OR tap item + tap pokemon to give item
maybe Drag + and move pokemon over the party to swap pokemon OR drag item over the pokemon to give it, may be more user friendly?
Anyways regardless of what happens, I'm super excited for the next roster and season . Keep up the good work ya'll :) Love this game.
Comments
-
Hey there @IMissingnoI! Thank you so much for your very detailed list of suggestions and feedback - I'm really glad to hear that you've been enjoying Champions and are looking forward to what we have coming up. 🤩
While I will pass all of this along to our team, you are always more than welcome to submit your feedback directly to our support team at this link. We appreciate your help in making the game even better!
1 -
no worries , il do that from next time , thanks :)
1 -
Idk... I don't hate Champions, but the game currently feels so empty... I guess it isn't my style. I basically just battle a couple of times, get bored and quit... I might actually uninstall it soon.
1