I feel like bragging🫠
Comments
-
You can play a Pokémon however you like but for a Defender to out-DPS the rest of the team(nearly double the 2nd place) implies that your teammates weren't attacking as often as possible. That implies a skill gap or the Defender Pokemon deals too much damage for its role. Could be a combination of the two or heavily skewed on the skill gap but unless the Attackers were twiddling their thumbs, a Lapras shouldn't win on the Damage front, much less by that big of a margin. Damage received and Healing doesn't bother me that much for the reasons I stated but the damage dealt is an outlier that warrants investigation. Kudos to OP but it's a red flag in my book with respect to potential imbalance.
1 -
Even if it was a bot game, to get triple 100ks is still a pretty awesome accomplishment especially because you have to cover everything since purple bots are very unreliable and generally unorganized, yet the orange bots seem to work as an actual team.
(Side note, the matches I was talking about in previous comments were with reals and in ranked at Ultra/Master level).
1 -
Well I think it goes without saying the game's inbalanced
But tbf I you play Unite you know Lapras, Goodra, and Slowbro are the three musketeers of never letting the opponent move and brawling them for the rest of time
But what happened in that match is often I was relying on Bubble Beam stuns and Water Pulse healing in order to stay alive and I literally got stuck in a 4v1 brawl by the enemy base for 2 minutes which is prolly where like half the damage taken/dealt came from.
1 -
Hence I circle back to what I said:
Unless the Attackers were twiddling their thumbs, no Lapras should out DPS them.
That's a skill issue, which I noted was a possibility. That said. Lapras may warrant a reclassification into All-rounder but maybe that's just me.
0 -
No, trust me, Lapras should not be an All-Rounder.
The thing is that Lapras isn't a very commonly picked pokemon so people don't know how to fight it.
Lapras is one of those "get up close and harass people" kind of pokemon and not to brag but I kinda skill diffed them🙂↔️
1 -
Not commonly picked pierced my soul so hard as a Yellow player. Lapras was typically my Water pick because you don't need a Water type until you beat your rival at Silph but you can obtain one cough via Glitch cough on Route 9(use LDT on Nugget Bridge, Teleport to Rock Tunnel Pokemon Center, battle certain Trainer on Route 9, backtrack to Nugget Bridge and voila Lapras) if you wanted one for Rock Tunnel(even Red/Blue players could get it if memory serves).
Only reason I floated reclassification is because a Defender has no business getting 100k+ Damage. It's not just a failure on your teammates but also on the opposite team to not KO you if you had a 4v1.
0 -
Like to add that if I were to start playing(note to @Dragonfly102024 and @sir_uledge that I don't have the game and don't intend to unless I lose my bet) that id probably main Alolan Ninetales for Attacker, Lapras or Mamoswine for Defender, Tsareena for All-rounder(probably won't pick the class much though), Leafeon for Speedster(another type I may avoid since Jungle isn't my thing) and Clefable for Support.
Of the Archetypes, Support, Attacker and Defender would probably be in that order but I'd probably suck so hard until I get some games under my belt along with getting things unlocked/upgraded.
1 -
@sir_uledge this is why @Dragonfly102024 hates Gardevoir(ignores the bad play by enemy team)
3 -
Never tell D this but I used to be a Gardevoir main😶🌫️
But I realized that Chandelure is just way better so yeah
3