Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.
[Pokémon TCG Live] Update Notice

Pokémon TCG Live is scheduled to receive an update at 17:00 (UTC) on October 6, 2026.
Please see the Version 1.43.0 - Patch Notes for more information.

Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres' Abilities not triggering.

Hi, I've noticed that the new birds added in the 30th anniversary expansion don't trigger their ability unless it's these exact 3 cards and not any other iteration.

For example:

In a game I had swapped in a Moltres with 'once per turn, you may attach a fire energy from your hand to this pokemon if you have Articuno & Zapdos in play'

However, on my bench the pokemon I had were Team Rocket's Zapdos & Team Rocket's Articuno as well as a fire energy in my hand.

The ability didn't trigger, it seems that ability won't interact with the Team Rocket iteration of these pokemon.

Not sure if this is an oversight or intended but sadly it cost me the game as we were both 1 prize card away.

I hope that makes sense!

Regardless, loving the TCG.

Thank you for reading

Comments

  • PikaCarter2025
    PikaCarter2025 Member Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,500 LOLs 1,500 Likes 2500 Comments 500 Agrees

    Team Rocket’s Zapdos has a different name from Zapdos, so this was a purposeful interaction.