Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Should i or not?😬

2»

Comments

  • Lonestar85
    Lonestar85 Member Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,500 Likes 2500 Comments 500 LOLs 500 Agrees

    US History is typically broken into two parts. Colonial era up to Civil War is the first part(aka 1620-1865) that you typically take in Middle School while the second is Reconstruction to present(1865 to today). High school history typically does the latter but AP does BOTH if memory serves and taking the AP test gives you College credit for History 7(aka Colonial to Reconstruction so you don't have to take it in college) while History 8 is basically Reconstruction to modern day but more in depth that you take for GE/Undergrad credit. What you're describing is AP US History.

    There's also World History that you take in Elementary/Middle School that focuses on Ancient History(ex: Mesopotamia, Egypt, Greece, Rome, etc.) that then becomes more modern in High School by learning about formation of Europe states, Russia(specifically Czars and Bolshevists revolution), China Emperors and their Civil War(Commies and formation of Taiwan), Japan and their internal conflicts that turned outward at the turn of the 20th Century and so on. I didn't take AP World History but I wasn't a History buff.

  • MonstaDash
    MonstaDash Member Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,500 Likes 2500 Comments 1,000 Agrees 500 LOLs

    From what I have experienced everything you do in high school is mostly for funsies. Literally the marks for the last two years only count and AP and no AP typically means nothing. When you apply they just look at your grade 11 and 12 marks, pretty much nothing else to them matters. If you wanna take the test for fun go for it but personally I would focus on making sure the marks for your core courses you need for your college/university program are high.

  • ShinyPokemon795
    ShinyPokemon795 Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees

    Im still in MS

    TEACH ME YOUR WAYS WHAT SHOULD I TAKE

  • PikaCarter2025
    PikaCarter2025 Member Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,500 LOLs 1,500 Likes 2500 Comments 500 Agrees

    the next social studies class which I’m not sure what that is for you.

  • crayZender
    crayZender Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    250 Likes 100 LOLs 100 Comments 25 Agrees