Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.
[Pokémon TCG Live] Update Notice

Pokémon TCG Live is scheduled to receive an update at 17:00 (UTC) on October 6, 2026.
Please see the Version 1.43.0 - Patch Notes for more information.

Feature Request: Option to Change Trainer Gender in Pokémon Champions

AlexTaichou
AlexTaichou Member Posts: 1 ✭
5 Agrees

Dear Pokémon Support Team,

I am writing to formally request a feature update for Pokémon Champions regarding character customization. Currently, the trainer’s gender and skin tone are permanently locked to the Nintendo Account upon initial selection and cannot be altered, even if save data is deleted.

While I understand this data is tied to the account, many players, including myself, would appreciate the flexibility to change their trainer’s gender post-creation without needing to create an entirely new Nintendo Account (especially since you'd lose everything). Since clothing, hairstyles, and other customization options are already gender-neutral, adding a "Gender Change" item or menu option would align with the game’s existing philosophy of expressive freedom.

Could you please forward this feedback to the development team? Specifically, I am requesting:

1- An in-game item or menu option to swap trainer gender.
2- Alternatively, an account reset option for character appearance data (without losing your game data).


Thank you for considering this suggestion to improve player inclusivity and customization in Pokémon Champions.

Comments

  • Hades0918
    Hades0918 Member Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    25000 Comments 5,000 Agrees 5,000 Likes 2,500 LOLs

    I wish we could just be gender neutral that way we can just customize our character to "look like a gender"

    If you're male or female is up to you, but the character is just neutral

    Or maybe gave neutral as an option (like non-binary) because there are many people that would flip out of genders were completely removed

  • DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5,000 Agrees 5,000 Likes 1,500 LOLs 2500 Comments

    Odd... to me it makes no sense to lock the skin tone permanently... I mean, don't they go to the beach? 😆 and these days, even the gender can easily be changed irl.

  • AsutonMachan
    AsutonMachan Member Posts: 1 ✭
    First Comment Photogenic

    Fully support this. The Canary pass looks great but it kinda looks weird on a male trainer, so right now my options are skip the whole pass or start over on a new Nintendo account. I'd would even pay for a gender change item in the shop. TPC is leaving money on the table here 😴

  • Mod_Nova
    Mod_Nova Moderator Posts: 1,317 mod
    500 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees 100 LOLs

    Hey Trainers! Thank you all for sharing your feedback about extended customization options; I've passed this along to our teams. However, please feel free to submit a ticket to our support team at this link with further ideas and thoughts, so that we can better track similar sentiment for new features. 😊

  • CARNAG3lol
    CARNAG3lol Member Posts: 1 ✭

    I don’t understand why we can’t change gender or skin color. I would like to use the Canari outfit but I can’t because it looks weird without her actual skin color. Now I regret getting the premium battle pass because at the time I didn’t realize I wouldn’t be able to change skin color. I was also planning to get the premium battle pass if they add Jacinthe’s outfit, but I probably won’t if I can’t change the skin color. This is really disappointing.

  • dryboy9
    dryboy9 Member Posts: 2 ✭
    Name Dropper First Comment

    This would be great, we're already 90% of the way there with gender neutral clothing. At some point Champions has to start implementing new features outside of new mons and items!

  • trickcandles
    trickcandles Member Posts: 1 ✭
    Name Dropper First Comment

    Please do this, I am quite literally begging you. I have even lost interest in playing the game altogether because I rushed through character creation and thought I could re-customize my character later, only to find out my inaccurate skin tone is locked. I like to play as myself in the Pokemon world as I'm sure many others do as well, and I know other people who like to roleplay as other people and characters (such as popular characters from the Pokemon Anime and Video Games like certain Gym Leaders etc.) who may later on wish to change their character back to more accurately reflect themselves in real life. Everything else is re-customizable, skin tone and gender (like what about transgender individuals?) really should be as well! Thank you for seriously considering this request, it's an absolutely necessary feature for many of us. Please give us this option!

  • PikaCarter2025
    PikaCarter2025 Member Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,500 LOLs 1,500 Likes 2500 Comments 500 Agrees

    It literally says you can’t change those! This is a feature that Pokemon has never had and will never have and I personally am glad about that.

  • DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5,000 Agrees 5,000 Likes 1,500 LOLs 2500 Comments

    Not all Pokemon games... some allow you to change all that stuff.

    People make mistakes or change their mind... and also it's just a Pokemon game, I don't see the point in not allowing people to change stuff like skin color, gender and so on.