Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Banned List -- Making cards that aren't banned illegal

Options
DragonVen0m
DragonVen0m Member Posts: 10
First Comment

I play a deck in expanded mode. I know a lot of these cards aren't allowed in standard mode, but TCG live is banning them/ making them illegal to use. I looked up the banned card list, and none of these cards are on the list. For example: Tag Team Reshiram & Charizard GX.

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Cards from before Sword and Shield aren't legal in standard. That includes all GX cards and all cards without a regulation mark.

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Standard uses a set rotation, cards released in 2019 and before are not legal (In april this will change to cards released in 2020 and before).

• DragonVen0m
    First Comment
    Options

I had the two backwards. My point was I can't fully play with any of the cards on either of the modes.

• TechHog
    Options

You have to have Expanded beta selected before you go into the deck editor.

• DragonVen0m
    First Comment
    Options

I've tried it both ways. And under decks you can toggle between the two styles in the upper left.

• TechHog
    Options

Are you sure the deck only had cards from Sun and Moon-on? XY and BW cards don't work yet.

• DragonVen0m
    First Comment
    Options

So XY and BW will in the future? I did have some of those cards. Then I had noticed that when I imported the deck, it used other cards with the same name. So I had to switch out a few cards.

• TechHog
    Options

They'll be added after all of the major bugs are fixed so they can focus on that... So, probably 5-10 years at this rate lol