Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokemon Z-A Mega Stone distribution through online ranked battles.

WaterChan
WaterChan Member Posts: 3 ✭
Second Anniversary 5 Agrees Photogenic Name Dropper
edited September 2025 in Feedback Center #1

I know at least some people have been wary about the decision to lock Mega Stones behind Pokemon Z-A's Battle Club ranks. While I don't oppose having to work for items, the fact that it's locked behind something that requires payment for an online service is what I have a problem with.

Perhaps it's a late/post-game item given by an NPC? There's still time to chance this or at least offer an alternative solution. The Battle Club could be a way for someone to obtain the stones earlier, I'm begging Game Freak to consider as this heavily skewers my consideration to not buy Z-A.

Tagged:

Comments

  • Candy0_o
    Candy0_o Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,000 Likes 500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 LOLs

    They have to advertise it somehow to get people to do it

  • Hades0918
    Hades0918 Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5,000 LOLs 25000 Comments 5,000 Agrees 5,000 Likes

    I didn't think of that. I already have a Nintendo Online Membership, so I never thought about the fact I technically have to pay to get this. What I'm worried about is having to reach a specific rank to obtain it, but not being able to get there. I agree with needing to work for it, but it should be through story or sidequests, not this.

  • Voltareon2012
    Voltareon2012 Member Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,500 Likes 1,500 LOLs 2500 Comments 1,000 Agrees

    I think- what if you could choose a Kalos starter and get their Mega Stone, then play competitive for the other two? I just know I'm pretty bad online but really don't want to miss out on using Mega Delphox.