Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Proffesors Research Bricks The Game

Was recently in a game and had no cards left in my deck and couldn't do anything to win during the turn so i decided to for a laugh just use a proffesors research on my 0 card deck and discard my entire hand.

What actually happened was i activated research and the game had no idea what to do with it leaving it just sat there. I couldn't end my turn, play cards, etc. All i could do was view cards and watch proffesor Rowan judge me.

Had to concede the game in the end which isn't a problem as I had already lost.

Side note: a friend of mine mentioned similar happening with only having 3 cards left. Seems that proffesors research just straight up doesn't know what to do when you have less than 7 cards.

Tldr: don't use proffesors research when at 0 cards in the deck.

Comments

• BunnySauce
    BunnySauce Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Answers 5 Likes 5 Agrees

The game shouldn't even be letting you play research with 0 cards left in deck to begin with. It would be illegal to do so by the TCG rules. So that's 1 bug/card ruling issue.

But it sounds like it bugs if you can't draw 7 cards either, which is another bug in itself.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

This has been a problem since launch, but the devs have ignored it. Same with how the game lets you play Elesa's Sparkle even if all 4 Fusion Strike Energy cards are in play and/or in the discard (though that doesn't freeze the game).