Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Idea for PTCGL solo mode

Currently there is no solo contents in PTCGL and no roadmap is announced.

Most of the TCG games on the market have solo mode, often in the form of theme deck battle.

I think having a solo content is very beneficial for the Pokemon TCG community as it allows new players to discover the game without the pressure of fighting against the top meta decks, and if done well it can educate them, hook them to the game and attract Pokemon fans not yet on Pokemon TCG. Because what we want is for the community to grow and people having fun.

I think the sole mode could take what works in Pokemon main video game series, like what Pokemon TCG game boy games did. The solo mode could be as follow: The player starts to choose a basic starter deck between a grass, water, or fire deck. We can even add a quick tuto by a professsor. Then he battles against a rival, 8 gyms and the Elit 4. This is actually nothing but theme deck battles we can see in most of the TCG games but presented in a Pokemon fashion.

Each battle won provides boosters which allows the player to build his deck. The player learns different deck mechanics, how to deal with them, and how to build a deck with limited cards he has in solo mode (instead of just copying decks on the internet like many new players are doing now). The solo mode should make the player feel progressing in pokemon TCG and be proud of the deck he managed to build.

This way Pokemon TCG could attract more people who are into Pokemon video games but not TCG.

I think if TPC wants it, it is doable.

What do you think?

Comments

• Megavoir
    Megavoir Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic

I love the idea of reimplementing solo mode. Trainer Challenge (if I remember the name correctly) was/is exactly that in Online and it was great. I don’t like having to get beaten in casual to get familiar with the decks they gave everyone (since I have not migrated my collection yet).