Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Please let us turn cards we don't want or can use into crafting materials!

I know nobody who makes this game comes here, so pointless of me to even post it feels like, but for the love of GOD developers, if you are reading this, I know I'm not alone here in saying WE DO NOT NEED A DOZEN COPIES OF ONE CARD JUST BECAUSE IT'S A REVERSE/ALT ART OR A DIFFERENT BOSS/PROFESSOR!!! Please give us an option to turn these cards we literally cannot fit into a deck legally into materials that we can use for cards we need! Please also make this option available for all cards, not just duplicates. I know there's trainers like me who have a bunch of bulk cards they will never use that could be turned into crafting materials. But if nothing else, please do it for the cards like this:

Comments

• Mister-Burkes
    Mister-Burkes Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    5 Likes Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Anniversary

They do turn into credits after the 4th copy of each version. I don't see anything wrong with that tbh.

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Answers 5 Likes

I know nobody who makes this game comes here, so pointless of me to even post it feels like

The moderators do pass bug reports and feature requests posted to the forums along to the development team. You won't get a response on it because people think that means "it's going to happen next version."

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

Completely agree with this.

Every time i see a new print of professor's Research/Boss's Orders I'm like "can't wait to see how many unnecessary copies of this card I'm going to have now".

If the developers are concern of kids accidentally destroying their collections, the two suggestions i can think are:

1) Allow us to turn cards into credits whenever we want but force us to keep at least 4 copies of the card (4 in total, not 4 for each print of the card, we choose which versions we want to keep).

or,

2) Allow us to turn cards into credits whenever we want but force us to keep at least 1 copy of each print.

Ideally, we should be able to turn cards into credits with no restrictions, but if they want restrictions, i think the two options i mentioned are a fair way to deal with this problem.

• etripstenshi
    etripstenshi Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

I've played a lot of online card games, even been top 10 globally in Eternal (makers of MTG's online game) and I can tell you how they have their economy set up now is beyond busted.

First issue is they have no trading in the pokemon TRADING game. This is fine, most only TGCs actually don't have trading instead opting for a dust/gem/crafting system. There are two big issues as I see them currently.

First, we can't break down unwanted cards, we have to collect 4 copies just to get the crafting material, but what's worse is that there are varients of each card. So I could get potentially 12+ versions of the same card and still not get any materials. This is a huge flaw. Even after buying literally 100s of codes online I wasn't even able to craft a new deck and thats buying them at like 20c a code I can only imagine once the shop goes live and they want 3-5$ a pack how absurd this is going to be in game.

The second issue is the costs are super out of line. I get 100 mats for breaking down a rare and it costs 1000-1600 to craft a new one. I thought hearthstone was greedy with their 4:1 dust system but this truly takes the cake. Compunded by the fact that I can't even break down the vast majority of my cards makes it insanely difficult to make even 1 competitive deck.

So, okay you buy 500 packs online and can finally craft 1 deck. It has to be the most meta deck in the game, because realistically there's no other choice, you can't experiment since resources are so scarce. This creates this super stale boring game where every deck is mew V or Lugia V. With no trading/collecting mechanic the only draw is competition and if that is stale and predictable the game will lose players in droves. Only a few super whales may have a good time with it.

The fix for this is easy. Simply give more for breaking down, reduce card costs, or allow trading. Trading is a huge mechanic so I imagine price adjusting can be much easier .

As it stands now it's basically impossible to experiment.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes
    edited December 2022 #6

@etripstenshi

I can only imagine once the shop goes live and they want 3-5$ a pack how absurd this is going to be in game.

There are no plans to add microtransactions to the game, according to the FAQ. And even if there were they wouldn't charge $5 for a pack when the IRL MSRP is $4.50 lol. More like $2. Even then, you can just, you know, buy codes.

Also, you're doing it wrong. It sounds like you're buying hundreds of codes from random sets. 400 codes from one set will get you 3-5 decks at minimum. You must have read that silly article lol

• TechHog

@etripstenshi

The second issue is the costs are super out of line. I get 100 mats for breaking down a rare and it costs 1000-1600 to craft a new one. I thought hearthstone was greedy with their 4:1 dust system but this truly takes the cake. Compunded by the fact that I can't even break down the vast majority of my cards makes it insanely difficult to make even 1 competitive deck

And this part you literally made up. I don't know why you did this. For uncommons it's 5:1, regular rares and holo rares are 4:1, and everything above that is 3:1 or better. What are you even talking about here?

• SCPeace
    SCPeace Member Posts: 27
    5 Likes 5 Agrees Name Dropper 10 Comments

I said this before. It should be 4 copies of a card and we get the choice to burn the rest. I have no need for 8-16 copies of the same card.

• SCPeace
    SCPeace Member Posts: 27
    5 Likes 5 Agrees Name Dropper 10 Comments

I said this before. It should be 4 copies of a card and we get the choice to burn the rest. I have no need for 8-16 copies of the same card.

• lvlrAdam
    lvlrAdam Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Anniversary 25 Agrees Name Dropper

@TechHog you busted that guys balls but he made some super good points...the current economy is unsustainable and I don't care how you want to put it, that's a fact.

• TechHog

@lvlrAdam Making some good points doesn't mean that the rest can just be lies/misinformation. Also, he's implying that PTCGO was way better in terms of economy, which is laughable.