Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

STOP LEAVING THE GAME IF YOU ARE LOSING JUST CONCEDE

I’m sick of people leaving games and forcing me to concede because the game won’t notice they are inactive and make them concede. This makes competitive players extremely mad and I’m sick of playing a game that I’m Punished for the unsportsmanlike conduct of my opponents.

FIX YOUR GAME.

Sincerely,

Competitive Players World-Wide

Comments

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Answers 5 Likes

It's a beta. Bugs are expected. Stop playing until release if this is a problem for you.

• EmpresPalpatina
    EmpresPalpatina Member Posts: 12
    First Comment 5 Agrees

When you have to concede a match, because your opponent left, I do not think you lose anything. I have experienced it, but it never shows the cutscene of your opponent's victory or what you gain or lose from the game. It is mildly annoying, but at least you aren't losing anything.

• zdrex007
    zdrex007 Member Posts: 11
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Agrees

@EmpresPalpatina But if you are playing ranked you are losing points.

• EmpresPalpatina
    First Comment 5 Agrees

That's what I am saying. Maybe, this is only happening on mine, but when someone leaves the game, forcing me to concede, I don't lose points. The concession has no effect on my experience, ranked points, etc. The only effect it seems to have is towards my quests.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

@EmpresPalpatina You seem to be a newer player based on some of your posts. What rank are you? Say your exact number of points too. If you're in the Quick League or you have the exact number of points at the start of another league (200, 600, 1320, 2020, or 2660) you don't lose points.

• Hyperion924955
    Hyperion924955 Member Posts: 55
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Anniversary 10 Comments

Yup you definitely lose points if your not at the beginning of a new rank as @TechHog said

• EmpresPalpatina
    First Comment 5 Agrees

You might be right. I went up a league, awhile ago, but I have not had anyone quit on me since then. I remembered not getting any points when that happened, so I assumed that you didn’t lose any either. You are probably right. Sorry. Also, I have been playing Pokémon for almost nine years, but I fell off in the past couple of years due to the fact that I only have one friend who plays Pokémon. I love playing, but I never had anyone to trade with or to connect with, so I just stopped. Then, I heard about Live a couple months ago and started playing again.