Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Feedback (Long)

As a person who has played PTCGO and is used to the quality-of-life systems that are in that game, I want those things to be imported into this game

Here are a few examples:

1: When you use Boss's Orders or Switch, you can drag those cards onto your or your opponent's card to use them immediately. This would feel less clunky than putting Switch onto the field and then clicking their card

1a: Another thing is to be able to click as well as drag, I am used to it sometimes but not all the time, and it can be slightly annoying

2: When you take prizes, I would like to be able to click the prizes I need for the knockout and then it automatically takes them. I understand this is probably because the same systems that are used for selecting any cards are used for selecting prize cards, but for prizes, it feels clunky, and I don't think most people think methodically about which prizes to take.

3: When importing a deck into the deck editor, if you do not have the cards, it simply denies you from importing a deck. I would rather it import the deck with greyed-out cards so I know which ones I need to craft and can see the progress in the deck's completion over time as I gain in-game resources.

3a: This is not a feature from PTCGO, but I wish it was. Whenever you post a list of cards, I want the game to automatically assume to use the highest rarity of the card in replacement of the card that it has on the copy-paste list. For example, if I have Boss's Orders LOR 241 in the list, but not in the game, but I have copies of Boss's Orders SHF 58 in my client, I would want the game to automatically replace the highest rarity copies of the cards that I have in my collection

4: This is also not a feature from PTCGO, but I want the search function of trainers, pokemon, and energy to be all onto the same data system. I cannot tell you how many times I have looked up a trainer card I know I have on PTCGO and PTCGL for it to not show up because I was on the pokemon tab. It's nice to see what are your pokemon, trainers, and energy in the deck displaying space, but not in the search feature.

5: In the deck editor, I want to be able to click, drag, or use even more ways to put a card into my deck.

6: Right click and Left click should not both be the same function. Specifically for in battle where you right-click or left-click on a pokemon to see it in more detail, I think this should only be on the left-click button. As a person who likes to click a lot on the background and have it light up in battle, whenever my opponent plays a card and I right-click on it, it should be the card up close, and it feels like right-click could be only used to interact and left click would be to only give information so the entire engine feels more coherent.

7: I want to disenchant cards in ptcglive. I know this may be one of the harder things to ask for in terms of feedback, but I think it's really important. I can have up to 12 different Boss's Orders cards with 4 copies each. In PTCGO if these cards were tradeable, you could theoretically get packs and get other cards. In PTCGL if you get a rainbow rare or full art card from a pack that is unplayable in a competitive environment, it feels like your rainbow rare or full art card was pointless. I don't feel happy when I get a rainbow rare card in live because I know I can't do anything with it. Even if I could disenchant for an eighth of its value rather than a fourth I would do it. I want receiving rare cards to be something that makes me happy as a player rather than disappointed.

8: I want the emote system to actually mean something. A lot of the emotes look sarcastic and toxic instead of genuinely that emotion.

Although this was a pretty negative post so far, I do want to congratulate this game on a few aspects

1: Having a ranked system is AMAZING. I never wanted to play on the matchmaking system on PTCGO because it didn't feel rewarding, having a system to climb on the ladder and get somewhere, where you can see how good you are at the game, feels awesome, and I'm so glad this game added this feature.

2: The currency systems in this game are SO much better than PTCGO. I am honestly excited when I get rewards in this game, and I want to play more when I get them instead of getting what felt like nothing in PTCGO.

3: Having a battlefield that you can click on is extremely satisfying. I love being able to click over and over again when my opponent is playing so I can have a thing to do on their turn.

If I find more feedback in the future, I will definitely post again, but this was just on my mind at the time.

Comments

• skyechan
    skyechan Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Likes

Thank you for commenting on the emote system. I hate how toxic the animations look. I want to just look confused not super annoyed when shrugging.

• BunnySauce
    BunnySauce Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Answers 5 Likes 5 Agrees

#3 is odd, since it definitely should allow you to import a deck with cards you don't own. Since your post, I've been able to import and save 2 different decks with cards I don't own successfully on both PC and iOS.

For troubleshooting purposes:

What platform are you attempting to import on?

Is the import giving you an error message?

What format is the deck you're attempting to import? (or maybe just post decklist you're attempting to import)

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

On number 3, it already works that way. There's an issue with the decklist you're importing, most likely the basic energy.