Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

A Variety of Problems with Emotes

As the title states I have plenty of gripes with emotes/reactions that are used in game.

1. Let’s just start off by saying I can only describe every avatars face as smug. So even a sincere reaction could be triggering.
  2. Some players are spamming them. If I start Rad Zard against my will with nothing but 2 super rod, turo, fire energy and a prayer taking me into turn 2, I don’t need a thumbs up every 2 seconds while they started with the perfect hand.

So here are some suggestions…

1. Add a mute button. Allow players to disable them and make them out of sight, out of mind.
  2. Implement a prize penalty for spamming. It’s just bullying at that point, and there could be kids experiencing it.
  3. Add a cooldown on emotes. You should have to send one more than once in like a minute.
  4. All players to report players. I know there are unlikely to be cheaters, but players bring bad manners into games should have some means of being reported. IP ban is extreme, but maybe block them from matches for 60 minutes or make their rank points take a hit. Would be super easy to automate too so that a human doesn’t have to review.

Comments

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Answers

One thousand percent agree. everything about the emotes is wrong. just take them out, at this point. and the victory lines. those are just toxic.