Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Best game in these ---->

Best game in these ----> 11 votes

Pokemon Yellow
0%
Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen
0%
Pokemon HGSS
9%
DuskBlaze12 1 vote
Pokemon SM
27%
UnovanZoruaTacolaserclasingla 3 votes
Pokemon USM
9%
cpm1 1 vote
Pokemon BW
9%
TheJeffers 1 vote
Pokemon BW 2
36%
Ravenclawed1234EremasLonestar85thedude4 4 votes
Pokemon Platinum
9%
MonstaDash 1 vote
Pokemon Emerald
0%
Pokemon Crystal
0%

Comments

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments
    Pokemon BW 2

I have played all but 2 of these. I'm a brokey.

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 795 ✭✭
    25 Likes 5 Answers 500 Comments 25 LOLs

I have played none of these games

I started with swsh

• cpm1
    cpm1 Member Posts: 360 ✭✭✭
    25 Answers Second Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees
    Pokemon USM

i liked pokemon pokemon usm

• MonstaDash
    MonstaDash Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    100 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper 5 Agrees
    Pokemon Platinum

Platinum has a lot of legendaries and a nice, expanded story.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary
    edited September 28 #6
    Pokemon BW

What an odd selection. I am guessing you are trying to use the definitive version for each game. I would argue that Yellow is more of an alternative to Red and Blue than an outright upgrade (though it does make some improvements).

@PokemiiAC

I have played none of these games

I started with swsh

Well, if you like the worst games in the franchise enough to make an account on the official forums, you should try good games.

Admittedly they are a little dated at this point, but I do recommend giving Red or Blue a try. If you really find it unbearable, I guess FireRed and LeafGreen are passable substitutes.

From there, definitely give Heart Gold and Soul Silver a play. I personally don't like gen 3, but I guess you could play Emerald next. Or stay in Pokémon's golden DS era and play Platinum. Then, finally, you can enjoy the peak of the franchise. Black and White and its sequels.

It's only downhill from there, because 3D was a mistake.

• MonstaDash
    MonstaDash Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    100 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper 5 Agrees
    Pokemon Platinum

Platinum has a lot of legendaries and a nice, expanded story. My second choice is between Black and Sun, its a hard choice between those two.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs
    Pokemon SM

they didn’t even include x and y

sigh

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers
    Pokemon SM

There is no XY or ORAS so this is an easy decision.

I do like USUM too (Ultra Wormhole rides and Mantine Surfing are so fun) but they REALLY messed up the story. It does not have an insane, abusive person fusing with an alien jellyfish. The abusive person's horrible abuse towards the victims is just turned into "they only hurt them because they wanted to save the world!."

• Lonestar85
    Lonestar85 Member Posts: 6
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Pokemon BW 2

Even though I've only played Yellow and love it, I know full well that Gen 5, specifically the sequels in Black2/White2, were one of the best games to have been made. Gen 5 Anime… not so much… but the games set themselves apart with the unique Gym Leader themes(Elesa gives me what I need… 😏), solid Gym Leader fights and a very memorable E4 + Champion(Iris ftw). It's probably the success of the games as to why the Anime gets so much hate because it's the complete opposite with Gen 6. Anime trounces X&Y so hard… smh. The fact X&Y aren't even Poll options is all I have to say.

Honorable mention to HG/SS though. Best remaster/remake to date and if they ever do intend to do Gen 5 over again, I hope they do so with HG/SS in mind as opposed to Chibi BDSP w/o Eevee as an Underground option… smh.

• DuskBlaze12
    DuskBlaze12 Member Posts: 19
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    Pokemon HGSS

The reason why I didn't include XY and ORAS was because they are somewhat easier than the others here so I thought let the mid-hard games be in the choices