Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Legends Z-A: Granted Eternity

BlaziiBoi
BlaziiBoi Member Posts: 256
25 LOLs 100 Comments 25 Likes Name Dropper

We all know it's illegally impossible to get Eternal Flower Floette in Kalos and any other game, but will there be the same Floette in old Kalos? Or will our only gift be more special regional Pokémon and Megas? Comment down below.

Comments

• Tacolaser
    Tacolaser Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 5 Answers 25 Agrees 25 Likes

I think there's a good chance Eternal Floette will be added. Then again, you never know.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers
    edited September 7 #3

HUGE SPOILERS FOR THE ENTIRE STORY OF XY. IF YOU HAVE NEVER PLAYED THE GAME THEN YOU PROBABLY DON'T CARE BUT IT'S REALLY GOOD WITHOUT SPOILERS AND MAYBE YOU'LL PLAY IT SOMEDAY IF YOU GET A 3DS.

Eternal Flower Floette has lived for 3000 years by the time of XY thanks to accidentally being granted eternal life by a machine that its trainer, AZ, built and used to revive it after it died in a war. So it definitely exists in old Kalos, although we might not be able to use it in Z-A if AZ is involved with the story as in XY he never saw it after it learnt that the machine was powered by Pokémon, and countless Pokémon died for it to be revived (until the final scene of XY where it returns to him after he battles you and learns the joy of Pokémon battling, then he says the "It's been 3000 years..." line). So it would make that part not make any sense if we get it in the game, since AZ's Floette is the only Eternal Flower Floette we have ever seen (that's even why it's called "Eternal" flower Floette and not special or black or old/ancient flower Floette). If it's in the future it would be weird to get it if it's the only Eternal flower Floette due to AZ's story because there's no way he's giving his precious Pokémon he searched for for 3000 years to a random kid.

(Less spoiler filled and less detailed version:
    We do know it used to exist 3000 years ago, but we don't know if it was common back then or if there was only one (since Eternal Floette is part of the story in XY and that one is the only one we've ever seen) or anything about it other than its backstory. It still exists in XY, so we could see it in Z-A, but it's unlikely due to important parts of XY's story.)

It's possible that it used to be a slightly more common Pokémon in the past but went almost extinct sometime before XY (or is not endangered anymore if Z-A is set in the future), which would be a good explanation for them to give it to us as a regular, probably rare wild Pokémon without making XY's story make less sense.

• BlaziiBoi
    BlaziiBoi Member Posts: 256
    25 LOLs 100 Comments 25 Likes Name Dropper

Zorua, I don't care about spoilers about games I don't wanna play.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

Why don’t you want to play them they are probably my favorite mainline pokemon game

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 620 ✭✭
    25 Likes 5 Answers 500 Comments 25 LOLs
    edited September 7 #7

But what if it isn’t the only one? @UnovanZorua

• PokemiiAC

yes the story’s sad, that’s what makes it SO GOOD

• PokemiiAC
  • UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

I mentioned that there could be more, but it's unobtainable in-game which implies only one exists during XY, the one in the story (but it does not confirm anything). If more than one exist, it's likely endangered, or is like a mythical Pokémon without the mythical stats/etc. (or it's an endangered mythical-like). It's possible it used to be a little more common before the story of XY, but something happened and all except the one in the story disappeared, which could be an explanation if Z-A takes place in the past and it's catchable.

If Z-A is set in the future and it's available in the wild or at least obtainable, I'm going to headcanon that they were endangered during XY and were kept in conservation places and bred, and now they've recovered enough to be released into the wild by the time of Z-A.