Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What was your first Pokémon game?

Answers

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 558 ✭✭
    500 Comments 25 LOLs 25 Agrees Name Dropper

I got it in about 2017!

• PokemiiAC

So, what is pal world?

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

not a Pokémon game

• Tacolaser
    Tacolaser Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 5 Answers 25 Agrees 25 Likes

My first game was Pokemon Go. My first main game was Pokemon Shield.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

@PokemiiAC Did you know we have an edit button, now? You can click the three dots on the top right and append your posts. You don't need to keep repeat posting if you want to add something.

My first game was Pokémon Red.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

A used and finished copy of Pokémon X. I got a lot of used games at first. The first game I played on my own (after restarting the game) from the start was Pokémon Sun. I have a lot of nice memories about it. I remember the night before I beat the league, I was at the final battle but I had to close my 3DS since it was bedtime, but I kept imagining what would happen if I beat the league (I could never beat it on the finished games). I thought my Pokémon would all be in a circle around me and the game would congratulate me, and I was so happy when that happened in the game. It was a big accomplishment since it was my first time beating a Pokémon League and that made me even more proud. I remember not knowing how to get Cosmog and breeding Solgaleo/Lunala didn't work, so I searched how to get Cosmog on normal YouTube even though I wasn't allowed to use it and then I don't remember what happened because this was very, very long ago and my memory is awful. I remember it was bad but worth it. I remember being surprised when Lusamine said that Gladion and Lillie used to be her children, but weren't anymore after they ran away after they ran away with her precious research (Type:Null and Cosmog, both of which are living beings she wanted to hurt), not because that's a horrible thing for Lusamine to say that cannot be taken back and will negatively affect her family for years even if she becomes good, but because I was a really stupid kid who somehow didn't realise that they were family until that scene.

The game is really special to me and I have a lot of memories about it. I love it A LOT. It's beautiful and the story is one of the best in Pokémon, maybe even the best. Unfortunately I lost the game card (and a lot of important Pokémon that were in it because 3DS save files are stored in the game card) a few years ago and never found it, but I'll always treasure the memories I made with it.

• MonstaDash
    MonstaDash Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
    5 Agrees First Anniversary 5 Likes 10 Comments

Mine was Pokémon Y, wasn't really interested with pokemon as a kid and got into it in 2016 when my cousin showed me his games and I got that. Was pretty fun and that region holds a special place in my heart. Shame it didn't get as much as it should have but for what it was it was the first 3D pokemon game and they did a great job on it, especially with the choice of region and storytelling, and even the mega evolution (but now that I think back they should have ditched the gimmicks or at least stuck with mega evolution).

• PokemiiAC
  • Charmme
    Charmme Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment

My first was Pokemon Colosseum, then Silver and Yellow.