Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Bug Report, Bluetooth A2DP: Audio Stuttering Issue on Google Pixel Fold with PTCGL

Description: I am experiencing severe audio stuttering when playing Pokémon TCG Live on my Google Pixel Fold. The issue occurs when audio is played through both the phone’s speakers and Bluetooth devices. The audio sounds choppy and pulsing, which significantly affects the gameplay experience.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open Pokémon TCG Live on a Google Pixel Fold device.
  2. Play the game with audio output through either the phone’s default speakers or any Bluetooth device (e.g., Bluetooth headphones or car audio).
  3. Notice the choppy and stuttering audio during gameplay.

Temporary Workaround: After extensive troubleshooting, I found that the issue is linked to the Bluetooth A2DP hardware offload setting in the Developer Options of Android. The only way to temporarily fix the audio is by following these steps:

1. Go to Developer Options on the Pixel Fold.
  2. Disable the "Bluetooth A2DP hardware offload" setting.
  3. Restart the device.
  4. Launch the game, and the audio will play correctly.

However, this workaround requires disabling this setting every time before playing the game and restarting the device, which is inconvenient and not a permanent solution.

Additional Notes:

• The issue does not occur in other games or applications unless this specific setting is enabled.
  • The problem persists regardless of using the phone’s speakers or a Bluetooth device.
  • The issue temporarily resolves when performing a screen recording while switching from another game back to Pokémon TCG Live.

Expected Behavior: The audio should play smoothly without stuttering or interruptions regardless of the Bluetooth A2DP setting.

Device Information:

• Device: Google Pixel Fold
  • Android Version: 14, AP2A.240805.005
  • Pokémon TCG Live Version: V 1.17.0.360057.20240806_1846

Request: Please investigate this compatibility issue between Pokémon TCG Live and the Bluetooth A2DP hardware offload setting on Google Pixel Fold devices. A permanent fix would greatly enhance the gameplay experience.

Comments

• UltraVio137
    UltraVio137 Member Posts: 37
    10 Comments Name Dropper

I left my phone's "Bluetooth A2DP hardware offload" setting disabled for a couple days, continuing to play the game some times. Last night surprisingly the severe stuttering occurred again, even after I applied this fix. I then turned back on "Bluetooth A2DP hardware offload" (default setting), which unsurprisingly didn't solve the stuttering audio. I switched between the two settings for some time, with no success either way.

This morning I decided to try the game again with "Bluetooth A2DP hardware offload" turned on (default setting). I then tried turning off "Bluetooth A2DP hardware offload", and this again fixed the audio stuttering in the game.