Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What is the most efficient way to Shiny hunt an event Tera Raid Pokémon offline?

The Gimmighoul raid event recently ended, and I haven't found a Shiny one yet. However, I haven't connected to the internet since then, and so I can still find Gimmighoul in Tera Raids. I do want to be able to fight the Mighy Dragonite before that event ends, though.

That brings us to my question. What is the best way to find a Shiny event Pokémon, through raids, and without connecting to the internet? Is there a way to reset my raids each day? I only get 2-3 5-star Gimmighoul per day, and the others can't be Shiny.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answers

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers
    #2 Answer ✓

I guess you could change your Switch's time to 1 day in the future since that makes raids immediately respawn. But I'm pretty sure the Gimmighoul raids have a 1 in 4092 chance of being shiny (full odds) with no way to increase the chance of finding one. And full odds (1 in 4092 chance after XY or 1 in 8192 before XY) shiny hunts can sometimes take months, especially when it's something where it takes some time until you see the Pokémon like raids (which usually have increased shiny odds but not this time) or starter Pokémon. And Gimmighoul has a hard to spot shiny so you need to stay alert.

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes
    #3 Answer ✓

everything about the raid is already generated when the crystal spawns, it's the same mon if you reset

Answers

• WildWorld1996
    WildWorld1996 Member Posts: 50
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic

@UnovanZorua That seems like a great idea! Unfortunately, there are parental controls on my Switch… I can't change the time. I guess I'll just rely on extreme luck. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't. We'll just have to find out.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

that’s the neat part, you can’t.

• WildWorld1996
    WildWorld1996 Member Posts: 50
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic

Another thing I'd like to ask is when is the Shininess rolled? If it gets rerolled each time you enter the raid, I could probably run and retry until it's Shiny.