Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Theory: Pokemon are Digital

Acornyo
Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
First Anniversary 5 LOLs First Comment First Answer

So, Pokemon are living things in the wild. That's probably not a fact, as there are multiple things that point to it. First off, they can live in your Boxes for ages without ever having to eat or drink. And asides from that, in most games, you can just take them out of your Boxes remotely via your phone. How would they get transferred if they weren't digital?

Secondly, some evolve from items or trade, but they can somehow be found in the wild. Last time I checked, Dubious Disks don't spawn in the wild. And Porygon is supposed to be digital, but it practically acts the same as every other Pokemon. Only it can travel through cyberspace, which other Pokemon can technically do when they get transferred to boxes.

Also, no matter how many times people in the anime get hit, they never take any serious damage. And notice how Pokemon also only seemed to be harmed by electricity in the Anime and nothing else. Maybe because they'll end up converting into it itself? Maybe because they're getting their power sapped?

All in all, I've been kinda bored this summer and was thinking about nonsense. Tell me if I need help lol

Comments

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment

There are many confirmed Pokemon that humans eat, so at least some must be organic unless humans are also digital... in that case all the Pokemon world should be virtual.

Tho I think they do evolve biologically considering that there are fossil of their ancestors and species adaption to some environments like Alolan forms of Kanto pokemon. They might be magical too or kind of supernatural beings.

• MegaEagle9
    MegaEagle9 Member Posts: 38
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

@TheJeffers they can't do that cuz there is already Digimon ggames and shows

• MegaEagle9
    MegaEagle9 Member Posts: 38
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Btw do u even know what the inside of a box looks like? It could be a paradise u know. Also maybe pokemon takes place in the future because pokemon turn into glowing balls of energy so maybe that's how it works

Ps. I might have just ripped your theory to bits sowwy

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Comment 5 LOLs First Anniversary

@MegaEagle9 Impossible. I had it on very good authority during the Palworld debacle that Nintendo invented and own monster catching and raising as a concept. If anyone depicts a colourful creature and attempts to befriend it, Masuda comes to your house and personally breaks your kneecaps.

• Tacolaser
    Tacolaser Member Posts: 511 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer

Maybe Pokemon are transferred from your boxes into your phone through science fiction-y teleportation.

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Anniversary First Answer

How about in Hisui, where Pokeballs weren't digital and Pokemon had to be kept in pastures instead of boxes? Pokemon predate digital technology, and, as previously stated by @DoubleCure, they still have to eat when outside of their Pokeball, and they are still subject to large-scale biological processes such as evolution and extinction. So, Pokemon must be some form of biological life: they cannot be entirely digital. Although, Pokemon does have sci-fi elements, as a few people already noted, so it's possible that modern Pokeballs can turn Pokemon into data for quicker storage and transportation.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs

well pokeball don’t work on humans as seen with green trying to catch you in the let’s go games but you can’t be caught and you know that one episode of the anime ash was trying to catch a mankey that stole his hats and the mankey threw a rice ball at the pokeball which went inside it so what I think is that Pokemon are still sent to a pasture particularly the professors and the Box screen is like a select which Pokemon you want sent over

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 694 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment First Anniversary 5 Likes

What if Pokemon were the ones who brought us the technology to capture them in pokeballs?