Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why can't I edit my discussion post?

Answers

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes

it's like wondering why only USA flights always make you take off your shoes "without any explanation" and other airports don't, the reason is because someone put a bomb in a shoe once and scared the tsa

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

You are doing the same thing you did about the number of users a year after the forum announcement (you don't even know the numbers you mention are the user ids)... it was a silly comparation and you are just guessing stuff...

The reality it's that not just you but none of the us know the reason why they remove the features, because they never said anything about it... you're just speculating that one day a lot of people abused it and then they just remove stuff lol

Maybe you're right or maybe not, you're guessing stuff, it's your opinion so make sure you say something in the lines of "i think bla bla", "in my opinion bla bla", etc. or keep your opinion to yourself and stop spread misinformation. No one will take you serious if you keep stating stuff that you think it's rigth without any evidence or sources.

And again my point it's about they give us back the option to edit posts! Because it's a useful feature available in most forums and many users keep asking for it... was I clear this time?

• Flametix

You are doing the same thing you did about the number of users a year after the forum announcement (you don't even know the numbers you mention are the user ids)... it was a silly comparation and you are just guessing stuff...

i think it's pretty obvious that a number in a user's profile represents their ID like in every database. you can just go to the search page, search for members, sort by newest members, and look at the profile IDs all incrementing when a new user joins

The reality it's that not just you but none of the us know the reason why they remove the features, because they never said anything about it... you're just speculating that one day a lot of people abused it and then they just remove stuff lol

Maybe you're right or maybe not, you're guessing stuff, it's your opinion so make sure you say something in the lines of "i think bla bla", "in my opinion bla bla", etc. or keep your opinion to yourself and stop spread misinformation. No one will take you serious if you keep stating stuff that you think it's rigth without any evidence or sources.

And again my point it's about they give us back the option to edit posts! Because it's a useful feature available in most forums and many users keep asking for it... was I clear this time?

saying that on that day people abused the features and then they were removed afterwards is not speculation or an opinion, it is a fact that it happened and the features were removed after that event, any opinion you get from that is based on your own interpretation. like I think you still don't get that the abuse actually happened. this isn't even just me saying it, @Ravenclawed1234 was saying the same thing on page 1 and it was a big meme on social media, just search up pokemon forums.

anyway i just wanted to clear up that there was an explanation since you didn't seem to be aware of it.

• Flametix

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/11812/sheltinator2000-do-not-open-their-threads/p1

also another example of mods removing features after abuse, there was a poster logging people out by embedding the logout link, and they removed all embeds from showing up including quotes and images shortly after he was banned.

now i think the reasonable explanation is that they removed the embeds so they couldn't log people out, but you would probably say it's just speculation and the mods just removed embeds for no reason based on our current discussion. if so there is nothing more to say.

• Flametix

actually i have another case study, why did this thread get closed?

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/comment/40985#Comment_40985

A: noahlaprasforum pinged all the mods and asked them to close the thread in the last post

B: the mods didn't say anything, so we may never know the reason why the thread just happened to close and we can only speculate without any evidence

which do you think is more likely

• DoubleCure

Again, no sources... speculation, you're just repeating the same guess in slightly different words, it wont make it true tho.

If someone else has the same opinion, it's still an opinion, it wont make it true. You need to read more about correlation and causation.

And since you like to repeat yourself:

Again my point it's about they give us back the option to edit posts! Because it's a useful feature available in most forums and many users keep asking for it... was I clear this time?

• Flametix

it's still not an opinion though, there are sources that the abuse happened on July 4th and the edit button was removed afterwards no matter how much you deny it, which is my only point to inform you of something you did not know.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/07/pokemon-launches-official-community-forums-and-its-already-a-disaster

also I feel like you don't understand that correlation and causation refers to statistical analysis and not a direct sequence of events. maybe you wonder why there are so many pumpkins in october or decorations in december because nothing can ever happen for a reason and everything is a coincidence

• DoubleCure

Again, no official source... just a random web site stating irrelevant stuff for this subject matter... so again speculation about the reason, you're just repeating the same guess in slightly different ways, it wont make it true tho.

I said you may be correct or you maybe wrong... because you don't know the reason why they remove the features, just because there was 1 day of "lot of abuse" (not really, but lets assume it) doesn't mean anything because they never explained why they remove it!!!

It's just your guess/opinion, I don't know how to explain this better...

Since you just keep repeating yourself thus you don't seem to be very bright... no offence, so I'll withdraw myself from this conversation.

Keep playing Pokémon if you do and have fun.

• Flametix

imagine a house gets vandalized, the next day they put up security cameras

what i'm saying is that they put up the security cameras after the house was vandalized. this is a fact

what you are saying is that it's speculation, we can never know the reason why they put up the security cameras because they didn't say anything about it, and that they actually weren't vandalized at all despite lots of people seeing it and making a big deal out of it online and other people agreeing

does this make sense to anyone else? do they still teach inferences in school?

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

can you guys stop argueing