Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokémon is not balanced game play anymore.

Comments

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes

this reminds me how back in school when we didnt care about energy cards and we just put up all our pokemon cards and just used all the attacks and saw who had the bigger numbers, now that was a good fun format with NO rng

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

If you mean Theme, first of all that was not like GLC in any way, shape, or form. Second, it was removed because they don't make theme decks anymore.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

Oh, ok, thanks. I didn't play it a lot, so I didn't really know what it was like —and I don't like glc either— so sorry for any misinformation I might have given. All I was trying to say was that there used to be a more beginner-friendly format for people who didn't know quite how to build their own decks and stuff.

• Perfect_Jab
    Perfect_Jab Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    5 Likes Photogenic 5 LOLs 10 Comments

Even in casual its nothing but meta decks an zard decks. It doesnt matter. Rng is terrible yes i get it, but thats a tired answer. Nobody actually says anything. How many matches do you force quit right away before getting a match you can actually play. I casually play online but the amount of terrible matches i have to go through before getting to play a decent match an have some fun seems ridiculous. I like to test out new decks an set ups too. But you cant.

• PCorc34
    PCorc34 Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Name Dropper

the problem is that the RNG isn’t ever fined tuned. I can’t tell you how many times in the last month where a match wasn’t clearly predictable after turn two. I’ve been running a Gardevoir and a Charizard/Dragonpult deck and most matches result in poor draws that you can’t come back from. Both my decks have been built off the back of current deck lists with minor changes that wouldn’t really impact the overall match play. Yet, most matches feel like and uphill fight making the game unenjoyable. With worlds coming up this game will have more people trying to play yet it won’t even be close imitating what we see in a match. Yes, you can’t replicate humans shuffling their decks and the technique that goes into it, but maybe have an algorithm that actually leads to competitive play outside of truly en vogue decks like Regidrago. It also feels like when matched up you’re put up against decks you aren’t favored against time after time.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

Yes the matching is trash, also doesn't help that the current meta it's boring.

Tbh ex era it's garbadge in general, they put too much focus on disruption, leading to brainless decks be on top... weird way they decided to go, worst then the VMax era.

• Perfect_Jab

@PCorc34 i agree with you completely. I dont know how the draw engine works, but there is definitely noticeable algorithms. I notice certain cards that i always seem to get dealt to start off with. Its like opening the packs, if i have 4 or 5 packs to open i notice a group of pokemon that i will continue to pull from them over an over. So many cards an theres like a group of 10 that i will pull over an over. Then cpl days later it seems to change to another group. I feel like it does the samething when dealing my hand each match. I will keep getting these same cards to start with.

• Perfect_Jab

@PCorc34 i agree with you completely. I dont know how the draw engine works, but there is definitely noticeable algorithms. I notice certain cards that i always seem to get dealt to start off with. Its like opening the packs, if i have 4 or 5 packs to open i notice a group of pokemon that i will continue to pull from them over an over. So many cards an theres like a group of 10 that i will pull over an over. Then cpl days later it seems to change to another group. I feel like it does the samething when dealing my hand each match. I will keep getting these same cards to start with.