Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Ongoing issue with Pokemon scarlet and violet

MajorBrendan
MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭
100 Answers 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Agrees

Aside from the open world gameplay at the cost of a good story, I still have ongoing issues with bugs that are still plaguing in Pokemon scarlet and violet. Such as one time I have issue with the sandwich making mission. Another time when I set up a picnic on top of the grassland, nothing. All the more reason why I have grave issues with Pokemon scarlet and violet and feared that gen 10 will repeat its mistakes.

Comments

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 LOLs 100 Likes

I think most fans have similar concerns.

While it is sad that nothing will likely be done to fix SV, because they already took your money and broke sales records, we can only hope that the delays to upcoming games mean that more attention will be paid to development and quality assurance.

• MajorBrendan

@TheJeffers I only fear that Gen 10 will wind up repeating such a mistake.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

@TheJeffers they didn’t break sales records sword and shield have more units sold than scarlet and violet

• clasingla

and unlike how Kirby and the forgotten land broke Kirby sale records from the original Kirby’s dreamland none of the new Pokémon games have gotten close to beating the original games sales

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 LOLs 100 Likes

I didn't say it broke Pokémon series sales records. But it easily outsold most other things on the market.

That is why the current state of Pokémon is so disheartening. The games are buggy, barebones and formulaic yet regularly outstrip other AAA, "AA" or even indie games with so much depth and effort put into them without even trying.

Because it has the Pokémon name on it.

If any other franchise tried to do the things Pokémon does, like sell two versions of the same game or released in the state SV did, they would have been ripped to shreds.

And while it is true the complaints have been getting louder, there is still a sizable portion of the audience that dutifully buys both versions and tells any dissenters to shut up. Buy the games. Pay the higher Pokémon Home fees. Buy the DLC.

Why would anything ever change when TPC has that guaranteed income regardless of the actual quality of the game?

I am not happy about any of this. I don't want Pokémon to fail or release in a poor state. I want the games to be the best they can be. They cannot achieve that when pumping out a shoddy product every year still tops sales charts.

That Is why I am somewhat cautiously optimistic about the delay on the next game. Hopefully that will give Gamefreak the time they need to fix their quality issues and deliver a solid game in a reasonable time frame.

But we will have to wait and see.It could equally mean we are just getting buggy games slower.

• clasingla

i feel like the legends team and mainline team should switch projects cause if they put the legends team I feel like we could get a good gen 10

• Miraidon400
    Miraidon400 Member Posts: 30
    10 Comments First Answer Photogenic

When I throw a picnic my table disappears. It's very annoying.

• MajorBrendan

@Miraidon400 same thing happened to me.