Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

So someone just has to tag mods and ask for a thread to be closed?

Comments

• Specter478
    Specter478 Member Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 25 Agrees 25 LOLs 5 Answers

lol! xD

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

Mods, close this thread, it's irrelevant (wrong section, this one is specifically for TCG live) and that's against the rules.

Anyways, the moderation here is kind of awful. If I quietly press report and say in the report "this post contains bad language/ bullying/ etc." nothing happens, but if I say it in a comment, they immediately get scared because people will see that and will be more likely to realise that this site is not good. I've seen people say really bad things by posting images of text instead of comments.

• Pokemaster9293
    Pokemaster9293 Member Posts: 742 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 5 Answers 25 Agrees 25 Likes

LOL

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

(Also the first part of my comment was a joke)

• NoahLaprasForum
    NoahLaprasForum Member Posts: 919 ✭✭✭
    100 Likes 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 500 Comments

i have closed a new thread form Zhula. With help from mods. So i wanna say thanks to the mods.

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 539 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes

personally i think it is rather unethical that you can ask for a thread to be closed because you disagree with it. mods should be doing their job uninfluenced by users

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

@Flametix I think mods should probably accept requests or comments regarding the general operation of the forum. They shouldn't be so detached that they have no idea what users need or want.

But they should definitely be as impartial as possible, especially when it comes to locking threads or banning users.

Flags, thread locking and bans should be tools used only when necessary. Not used in the place of discussing disagreements or as weapons to bully other users.

I think it might help if the rules were elaborated on and were more specific, or provided examples, so everyone knows what is and isn't allowed. As it stands, it is difficult to know what does or does not break the rules and moderator enforcement can seem unfair and random as a result.

• Pokemaster9293

@Zhula looks like you’re getting banned

• Pokemaster9293

@Zhula looks like you’re getting banned you have 4 reports of abuse

This discussion has been closed.