Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Does anyone here like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Options

It's my favorite spin off series and I'm wondering if anyone else likes the series too.

if you do what is your favorite game of the series?

Comments

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

i like the franchise and i really hope that a new one will come out i have only played rescue team dx (i only have a switch) but i have watched some gameplay of some of the others in the franchise

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

My favourite is probably Explorers.

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

I played Explorers and it was okay except for the bosses because the boss design basically expects you to just bring reviver and status seeds to win especially against Primal Dialga. In the main games there's always a way to win with your party's unique strengths, and the game never forces you to bring specific items to make the enemy unable to hit you or autorevive that make every boss battle the exact same regardless of who you bring. I actually think the actual non-pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are better designed because they feel more like actual roguelikes.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

did you skip the dialouge did you pay attention to the story because the best thing about the mystery dungeon series is the story that is put into it

• typhlosi0ns
    typhlosi0ns Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

Yeah. Haven't played them in years, though.

• Prince_Ludwig
    Prince_Ludwig Member Posts: 36
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

I like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon more (sometimes way more) than the main series RPGs, and my favourite is Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon since I appreciate the gameplay changes made to it.

• Rileytheriolu93
    Rileytheriolu93 Member Posts: 14
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I am a MAJOR fan of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I wouldn't have been where I am if it weren't for PMD and its creations. Hopefully one day, we'll get new content of this great series.