Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

pokemon scarlet and violet can be better.

Options
apgochett
apgochett Member Posts: 7
First Comment Photogenic

These games are amazing and I like them to its just its just so laggy and I cant stand it I think the battles are great and the dlc but just not be a little laggy?

Comments

• FallenFurfrou
    FallenFurfrou Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    5 Agrees First Answer Photogenic 5 Likes
    Options

I think one of the laggier parts is how they decided to extend the ocean's horizon beyond not just your character's reach, but also beyond their line of sight.

I think The Pokemon Company overdesigned the general scenery a bit, and I have reason to believe that stuffing all this textured scenery into a limited cartridge size may be a cause for this lag.

I suggest you angle your viewpoint so it's situated at your character's approximate line of sight (looking ahead or behind or to the side) rather than up above (looking at the scenery below). I heard it reduces the lag by some degree.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

I doubt they'll fix the lag and occasional visual glitches, the complaints have been there since before the game even released and if there's issues still here after (a little less than) one year and a half they're probably going to stay. All we can do is hope they have time to finish and fix the next games since we won't get any new ones this year.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 654 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I think Scarlet and Violet's issues far exceed some visual lag and glitches, but whatever you think of the game and its flaws, I wouldn't expect any major development, updates or improvements to come to SV at this point.

They sold you the game, broke sales records, added Home compatibility so that you will keep paying your subscription fees and even sold you the DLC. What further incentive do they have to make the game any better? Mission accomplished.

I imagine all development is focused on Z-A and gen 10 from this point forward. The best we can hope for is that lessons were learned from SV and will be applied to future games and their development schedules and processes.

• Mod_Skrilla
    Mod_Skrilla Moderator Posts: 266 mod
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer First Comment
    Options

Hey there, Trainer. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas about Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. If you ever have more ideas or questions, feel free to drop them here. Your feedback is a big part of making the game even better. Thanks for being a part of our community!

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 854 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Can be better if it's less on the mmo-style open world gameplay and more on telling a story.