Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Remove Avatar Victory Poses

Options

Nothing is worse than feeling down after an unlucky break than seeing that stupid victory pose screen at the end. It only ads to frustration leading to a player quitting sooner and playing the game less. That's just not good game design. It's stressful enough trying to get to the next level in ranked without those dumb cartoons mocking me every time I lose.

Comments

• Puddlejumper3k
    Puddlejumper3k Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Combo Breaker First Comment Name Dropper 5 Likes
    Options

I agree completely. I had always thought it was a bit of a rude way to end a battle. I tried to pick a neutral pose and saying. I still feel it's not necessary. It would be better to add an option to congratulate they other player after a match with a quick wave.

• Ampersundae
    Ampersundae Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 Agrees Photogenic First Comment
    Options

It works as a proof of concept, probably something developers to had check off a list of things other games have. They kind of work in fast-paced multiplayer action, but in what's often a slow methodical game they are completely out of touch with the mood and atmosphere of a battle.

If the developers actually cared about these things they would have made them less easy to hate. The poses don't seem very neutral to me. I'd call it a choice between making your avatar "Arrogant", "Gloating", or "Acting Like a Jerk" after a win.

• Mod_Skrilla
    Mod_Skrilla Moderator Posts: 267 mod
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer First Comment
    Options

Hello Trainers, Thank you for your feedback! Please let us know if you have any other suggestions.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

I agree! What I really hate is that you can't choose yourself to not use one, and all the options suck. This means that even if you really think the opponent played well and want to congratulate them, it will still look like you're gloating.