Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

A Few Things

I've been playing PTCGL for the past few days, and (unlike many others, it seems) I've been pretty happy with it. However, there are a few things I'd like to see ironed out over the course of the beta.

My only major complaint is about the optimization on PC. There's about a 50% chance the client immediately crashes upon startup on my rig. Not only that, but after the crash, when I do get the game up and running again, I am required to login every time. This isn't a huge deal, except for the fact that the login screen immediately shoots my GPU usage up to 90%+, and I have a 3070. All of that to say, I'd like to see some optimization on the login screen, because as of now, it's a very laggy experience.

Other than that, I really only have some minor suggestions/quibbles that I'd like to see addressed or considered.

In the character customization, if you choose to wear glasses, after a few games, the game will automatically default back to dark shades with teal/light blue frames. I've seen a few other players with glasses on that do the same, so I'm led to believe it's a widespread issue, and not solely an issue with my specific install or PC.

I would also like to see some more diversity in the ladder. I do love getting coins, credits, and gems, but only getting access to Silver Tempest until rank 12, where you're given a single Lost Origin pack isn't ideal. Frankly, I think this is the largest contributor to everyone playing Lugia VSTAR at the moment. It's really the only thing players can play if they don't want to spend money elsewhere. That, and it's a really good deck, so maybe I'm off-base, but I like seeing diversity in my matchups, but it's been a lot of Lugia.

Although, while I'm talking about the Battle Pass, I do want to mention that I like it. I think it's implemented well, and offers adequate rewards even at the early stages of the Pass. My gripes with so many other games that attempt to implement a battle pass is that you only get things you really want very late into the pass, but with PTCGL, earning packs at the first rank feels nice, and it's something I want immediately, instead of having to play for hours and hours before being given any packs at all. In short, good work. I like it.

As far as the actual gameplay is concerned, it looks eons better than it did when the closed beta first launched. Not having your avatars standing off to the side for the duration of that match and stare at you the whole time is a great change, plus the actual board/arena looks sleek without feeling empty.

However, during gameplay, I would like an option to turn off cards stacking when they get into my hand. I understand that this game was designed with the mobile audience as a priority, but as a PC player, I prefer to see all of my cards sprawled out in front of me. It would also allow me to play my full arts/alt arts instead of my basic rarity cards when applicable. Again, it's a minor thing, but giving the players options is always a good thing, in my opinion.

In the deck manager menu, I've had a few struggles getting fluent with the UI. There have been a few times I have accidentally spent credits to exchange for cards I didn't need, thinking I didn't have enough copies of it, only to find that (after the exchange) I did have the cards I needed, but I had a different artwork that wasn't immediately showing up. I'm unsure if this is a "me" thing or not, but if it isn't, I'd like for this UI to be a bit more streamlined, if possible.

That's all I can really think of off the top of my head. Overall, I'm pleased with where the game is at and where it's headed, and I'm excited to see how it develops further. It's clear from the arena screen that you all have listened to complaints and are working to fix them, and I hope that continues to be the case going forward. Keep up the good work.

Comments