Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

I am shiny hunting Rowlet in Moon

Options
UnovanZorua
UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭
First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs

I am writing this while spamming A on my 3DS (Pokémon Sun/Moon edition) I have been doing this for dozens of hours since the start of the year the Iki town theme is stuck in my head and will probably stay there for a month and the 3DS internet has like 3 weeks left at most so if I don't get the sparkly bird soon I won't ever get to play online on this save file or use Pokémon Bank with it.

I just want the owl to be blue and that has severely lowered the amount of important things I have been able to do this year I just want more free time to draw.

Can someone give me their full odds shiny luck.

Comments

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 869 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I caught 8 shiny rowlet in pokemon go.

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Hey_PIKMIN Member Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

In my wonderlocke I got wonder traded a Shiny Rowlet which seems to be legit and I just thought of how you mentioned it

I'm hunting the Johto starters specifically Totodile so let's have a competition

Who will get theirs first You and your Rowlet or me and the johto starters

GOOD LUCK!

• MajorBrendan
    Options

I don't do wonderlocke. I have to get any and all pokemon that I need even shiny in anywhere I can catch the said pokemon.

• Kynanthropy
    Kynanthropy Member Posts: 19
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

good luck on your hunt hopefully you get it before 3ds online shut down. I'm hunting for a Bulbasaur on fire red right now currently around 10k resets in

• Dorkborn
    Dorkborn Member Posts: 14
    First Answer First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I'd been hunting for a shiny starter in my Pokemon Heartgold. I was resetting the game for a little over three weeks. I didn't have any particular starter in mind, but I had my fingers crossed for a Cyndaquil and- thankfully- Cyndaquil was the one that shined after probably well over 3,000+ resets. Sending ya all the luck on your shiny hunt! It's tedious, but nothing beats the excitement once it finally shines!

• MajorBrendan
    Options

try shiny hunting on pokemon go.

• UnovanZorua
    Options

@Hey_PIKMIN

You have like 3x odds and each reset takes thirty seconds if you're slow. I have just 2x odds (full odds but it's a 3DS game) and each reset takes 5 minutes. This is not a fair competition (and I will beat you anyways because why not).

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

I have lots of shiny luck, so you can have some! Good luck hunting! I know it can be stressful!

• UnovanZorua
    Options

@MajorBrendan

I've already found some shinies in GO (Mostly Fennekin), and to be honest I much prefer getting one in an actual mainline game. Plus, I can't use GO shinies in any game other than the switch ones where they don't have my OT, so I can't use a Shiny Rowlet in Alola if I don't get it there. And GO's shinies aren't very uncommon so it loses the things that make mainline ones nice, and the GO mark as its game of origin makes it actually feel bad to have. Just reminding me I didn't get it the proper way, but in a way that could be considered cheating with how effortlessly easy it was to get.

I'm not shiny hunting it because it's a Rowlet, I'm shiny hunting it because it's the only starter I never chose in SM and I want to get a shiny of it there before I can't play those games the normal way ever again.

• Jokemon811
    Jokemon811 Member Posts: 162 ✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

I have like 15 shiny Rowlet on pokemon go from the community day, but thats kinda cheating.