Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Absol Ex (obf) deck

Options
EverBlaze9340
EverBlaze9340 Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic

does anybody know any cards that work well with Absol Ex (OBF)? I want to make an Absol deck so any suggestions would be helpful

Best Answer

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

The truth is that an Absol ex simply is not very good. If you really want to play it, then you can combine it with things such as dark patch and morpeko PAR to help you accelerate energy faster.

Answers

• EverBlaze9340
    EverBlaze9340 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

i don't mean this in a mean way, but I disagree with the statement that Absol is not very good. pair ir with cards that discards cards from your opponents hand and then attack with cursed slug. I just don't know any cards that do that. but I personally think that Absol is pretty good.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

220 damage on a two-prizer (for a normal amount of energy) is not very good, unless you’re hitting it incredibly consistently or rapidly, or you have other cards in the deck to augment the situation (see: Miraidon (230 but same principle) and Iron Hands). I don’t want to rain on any parades here, but it’s the truth of the meta and power creep.

• Chroniton
    Chroniton Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

The first thing to establish is if you're planning to use this in official events or just casually?

If you're wanting to play competitively then I agree with the other comments that it's not a great card, hand disruption isn't very good in this game as there's so much draw power and consistency.

However if you're playing more casually I could take anlook at what cards may be able to work well with it and help come up with a deck.