Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Lacking tutorial

Options

So I'm new to PCG and did not now anything before today. Something that just happened to me was that I lost because I ran out of cards. Which I didn't even know was possible since I'm totally new. I would've won the next turn and could've prevented the loss since I played a draw 3 card when there was only 3 cards left, if the tutorial would have informed the player about it I would have been able to continue my win streak, or if there had been a "warning" when I got to like 5 cards left. I feel like this is an oversight or a neglected view from the developers.

Comments

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 650 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

There are tutorial videos on the official website.

Or you could do what I did back in the day and read the rulebook. I was the only kid in school who did. Do starter decks come with rulebooks any more?

This is why single player TCG video games are beneficial. So many people learned the TCG through the Game Boy games. A similar case with Yugioh, but goodness help those who learned through the anime.

• Ampersundae
    Ampersundae Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 Agrees Photogenic First Comment
    Options

It's hard to say how the game could teach you that rule. Even with a learning or tutorial section, that rule is often overlooked, and sometimes people like to take advantage or that. The Wugtrio decks for example. Ideally they could have an AI attempt to eliminate your deck, but that would be difficult to program.