Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.
Important Notice for Pokémon TCG Live:

The code card redemption service will be temporarily offline during routine server maintenance on April 23, starting at 15:00 UTC.

Pokémon TCG Live Global Beta Migration Issues & Numbered Errors - 11/23/22

TPCi_CursedSoup
TPCi_CursedSoup Administrator Posts: 249
First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
admin

Hi there, Trainers!   

As we continue to monitor feedback during this phase of the Global Beta, we’d like to take an opportunity to acknowledge and provide more details on issues we’ve seen reported since we expanded globally. 

Some players have already contacted our Support Team and received additional information or resolutions. We appreciate your help in identifying these issues and being patient as we work to resolve those we’ve yet to find solutions for.  

Migration Issues

Migration Errors/Stuck Between Games:

• The team identified accounts affected by this issue and is currently addressing these on a case-by-case basis, while a more permanent solution is in the works. Please retry loading into the game and see if you’ve gained access. If you’re still having trouble and experiencing any errors, please contact our Support Team

Missing Cards/Crystals After Migration:

• For players who migrated and are missing certain cards from their collections, please see the steps below to view different rarities or variations of your cards. If, after following these steps, you’re still unable to view these cards, please get in touch with our Support Team, as they will be able to review this further for you.

1. Navigate to the "Edit Deck" area and select the card with the variation/rarity you’re looking for.

2. On the screen that enlarges the card, there will be an “available” drop-down button directly below it. (Click this should open a list of all the card versions)

• For players who migrated and are missing credits they should have received from unopened packs, please get in touch with our Support Team so that they can review your account and act accordingly.  

Missing Decks/Deck List Migration:

• Saved deck lists do not migrate over to Pokémon TCG Live. Decklists must be exported to a text file and imported into the game. See our FAQ Page for detailed instructions.   

Error Messages   

• For players experiencing numbered error messages when trying to load into the game, please reach out to our Support Team so they can request any additional information from you to try and help troubleshoot.

Comments

• jon11w
    jon11w Member Posts: 165
    5 Agrees First Anniversary First Comment 5 LOLs
    ✭✭✭

@TPCi_CursedSoup is the forum no longer supported? Seems like you're pushing people to speak directly to the Support Team, rather than answering any queries/bug reports/suggestions on here.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,575
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    ✭✭✭

@jon11w To be fair, account issues like these were always handled by support.

• jon11w
    ✭✭✭

@TechHog true, but the mods have stopped responding to posts on the forums, irrelevant of the subject matter.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,575
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    ✭✭✭

@jon11w It's starting to look more like Butterfly isn't around anymore and Turtle replaced them.

• hoopao
    hoopao Member Posts: 6
    First Comment

I myself had problems with the migration of the account, to the point of not being able to access it for 8 days, since the launch of the global beta, they unlocked it, but they did not give me the crystals and some cards were missing, it seems that the support is more effective than the forum itself, which is a shame, because in their initial proposal, they said they would have massive communication with us. This is very frustrating for us, as we believe in the project, but it seems that the low investment, the poor structure of the developers and the lack of experience in electronic games, has been demonstrating why the game has several flaws. I say and I repeat, looking at the competitors, there is no problem, on the contrary, it is to see what did not work and was not cool, to the point of being able to fix it and deliver something good to the community, which for years has been asking for improvements not only in online games of the franchise, but also in communication and transparency.

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper
    ✭✭

I say and I repeat, looking at the competitors, there is no problem

Master Duel? Sure, but it's a game that has been in the making for 20 years. Every new yugioh game released every year is just the same game with the new cards. All they had to do was release a new game with a plan to add more cards over time into it to end up with Master Duel. That's part of the reason yugioh players had expected it long before, and had stopped hoping for it by the time it was actually announced. Not really fair to compare to a game that has at most 2 years of work on it. I've not kept up with it, but it not being representative of competitive play either in OCG or TCG was a major concern at release, as was the fact that it was several sets behind at launch, so it wasn't perfect either.

MtG Arena? At release it didn't have a friends list which took months of delays before it was implemented, still doesn't have dusting because they'd rather have you buy packs of wildcards instead, it's season pass has a daily limit on progress, and their players have been begging for a digital version of their actually popular game modes for years with promises of "it's coming" with no actual progress shown.

In both cases performance can be weird, particularly on Intel integrated graphics cards. Unity works on them, but isn't really meant to. Particularly because integrated cards don't actually come with all their drivers. You have to know to install them yourself to actually get real DirectX, OpenGL, and Vulkan support, so while they are the device the majority of people have, they are relegated to "people who know what they are doing" to actually get them to work. AMD and Nvidia at least provide a driver with full support through Windows Update even if it can end up being years old. The best the developer can do is avoid using certain graphics code that doesn't run on a iGPU without those additional drivers installed, which does mean they can't do anything very fancy with the graphics, at least not anywhere where it affects game play. Keep in mind this is something I've only fully come to realize after several years providing support for several Unity games and N64 emulators.

People who point to other games as examples, I don't think any of you have actively played those other games, and certainly not since release.

• Nintendonly
    Nintendonly Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

The issue I'm having is I redeemed 3 TCGO code cards into TCGL that were included in 3 preconstructed decks that I purchased recently and I only received 25 gold coins each instead of the 60-card decks each. I am highly disappointed in this roll-out because it wasn't made apparent that older code cards would not be recognized correctly.

• TPCi_CursedSoup
    TPCi_CursedSoup Administrator Posts: 249
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    admin

@TPCi_CursedSoup is the forum no longer supported? Seems like you're pushing people to speak directly to the Support Team, rather than answering any queries/bug reports/suggestions on here.

Yes, the forum is still being supported. Feedback and bug reports are shared with the Development Team and reviewed.

@jon11w To be fair, account issues like these were always handled by support.

That's correct! In this case, this specific post was shared to provide more context to the community and get them to provide additional details for investigating these issues. As a result of new reports, players stuck due to migration errors were identified and manually pushed through while the team identified the leading cause of this issue.

A fix is being worked on and will roll out soon in a future update. In the meantime, for anyone still experiencing migration issues, please contact our Support Team to assist you better.

• jon11w
    ✭✭✭

Yes, the forum is still being supported. Feedback and bug reports are shared with the Development Team and reviewed.

@TPCi_CursedSoup That's great, but we need some sort of response from your side. There are many bugged cards in the game right now - two of which are banned, the rest are still playable. These cards have been reported here but never acknowledged by anybody on your team.

How are we supposed to know whether a bug has already been reported?

How are we supposed to know whether a bug report has been seen and acknowledged by the dev team?

How are we supposed to know whether a fix is being worked on for a bugged card?

Like I've said before; you're using us, the paying player-base, as a free QA team. Many are fine with this arrangement, but the very least you can do is reply to the people doing your work for you.

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper
    ✭✭

How are we supposed to know whether a bug has already been reported?

Use the search. If you don't find it already reported, report it. While duplicates are probably annoying to the support staff who have to sift through them, it's bound to happen and it's more important that a bug is reported than avoiding duplicate reports.

How are we supposed to know whether a bug report has been seen and acknowledged by the dev team?

You can assume anything reported as a bug here is equivalent to a ticket in their bug tracking system.

How are we supposed to know whether a fix is being worked on for a bugged card?

You don't. Bugs get prioritized in the bug tracking software by the development team and things get fixed in the order that seems most reasonable. If you look at update notes, many of the recent reported card bugs are fixed, so they seem to get prioritized quite high, with banned ones taking even higher precedence.

Like I've said before; you're using us, the paying player-base, as a free QA team. Many are fine with this arrangement, but the very least you can do is reply to the people doing your work for you.

No, we are users of a beta software. This is how software development works. They can't commit to anything on the forums because you really can't commit to exactly how much work is going to be done in a development cycle. (which seems to be 1 month for this game) There are too many factors to take into account, and users get more upset when something is mentioned that it may be happening, but then doesn't in the very next update.