Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

search in forums

Options
clasingla
clasingla Member Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭✭
5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes First Answer

i was using the search in forums checking on if i forgot to announce something in the gym leader bracket and then when i looked at the side to filter things there were 4 kinds of discussion filters even though there are only two kind of discussions being discussions and question but the two that where in the filter area were ideas and POLLS i am wondering about this because this would be super usefull

Comments

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I know this isn't a writing class or anything, but I find your posts a little difficult to parse given the lack of punctuation and occasional spelling errors. Have you considered enabling a spelling checker on your browser or putting your posts through a word processor first to check these things?

I do not wish to insult you or to be rude. I mean no offense. But I did struggle to understand this post on first reading.

In response to your question, there are a number of functions on this forum that have either been removed or appear in settings and menus but were never enabled in the first place. I think it is a relic of the generic forum software I suspect this website uses.

Polls were certainly very useful, and I do not understand why they were removed. Popularity contests for games, characters and Pokémon are frequently reoccurring topics on these forums, and I suspect the front pages would not be flooded with "what is your favourite X" threads if it could be covered with a single poll.

The feature seems to have been a casualty of the Reddit influx, when the forums exploded in popularity with all kinds of questionable posts and many features had to be removed, presumably to prevent potential exploits and explicit content that had not been apparent with the forum's previous, smaller community.

Maybe it will return in the next website update. Maybe we will get to edit and delete posts, too. Or maybe we'll get Hoenn Pokémon profile pictures and the admins will call it a day.

But I will always support expanded forum functionality.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

I have seen a few polls here despite joining after they were removed, but I haven't seen any "ideas."

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

What was an idea

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

I never saw an Idea but I got to make a poll about Duck pokemon once. You can see that people who reply got their choice shown on their post.

If you check https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/bestof you can see a remnant of the Promote reaction, and badges for other disabled reactions on the https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/badges page.