Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Take the Trading out of the game? Change the Name to PCG live

2»

Comments

• Pantherine
    Pantherine Member Posts: 8
    First Comment

I don't know why we cant have trading on top of what we already have. People acting like we cant have both.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

@Pantherine It's not really that we can't have both as much as it is that it requires a lot of changes that just aren't worth investing in given the state of the game right now. Even if they still keep packs from being tradable, they'd still have to remove card limits so that people actually have extra copies to trade. Also the game doesn't give you a way to really reach out to other players in the first place lol.

@fafnitchaos Oh yeah, the whole scamming aspect is probably the main reason they removed it. Forgot about that.

• Pantherine
    Pantherine Member Posts: 8
    First Comment

@TechHog I guess you're content with a game with basically no social features (worse than TCGO) and shilling in favor of microtransactions.

I would like to remind everyone reading this that if they scroll up to the top of this screen they will see in big letters "Pokemon Trading Card Game", if you need me to look up what the word "trading" means let me know and I can google it for you.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

Yu-Gi-Oh and MTG are also trading card games, but their main apps don't support trading either.

I'm not against it being added in the future, but for right now there are way more important things imo. Possibly breaking the game to add a largely superfluous feature where your main argument for it is that the name chosen for the physical game 25 years ago had "trading" in it is a lot less important than making the game actually fully playable or making Expanded complete. If people actually used the trading system for its intended purpose my opinion would be different, but since it's basically only used for buying cards I personally would rather see that time and effort put into making the current economy better. You are right that trading improves the community aspect of used as such, but right now a lot of people can't even find games. These devs need to get the base game working as intended for more than a week before worrying about features that require massive backend changes like trading. If they tried to throw that in now, you'd just get a bunch of angry posts about cards disappearing. Maybe in like 3 years they'll have a team that can pull it off.

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

the issue with trading is that in some cases it is negative for the game.

Trading was barely used for social interactions. The main purpose it was use was as a market, a market that lead a lot of unexperience players into terrible deals for their cards or packs.

keeping the trading tab is extra demands for the server. I think most of us agree that the developers priority right now should be fixing the basics of the game rather than adding more stuff that may cause extra problems to the server.

trading also can lead to some legal issues, specially in a game focus to a younger audience.

I really don't think the positives of adding trading are enough to overcome the negatives of it.