Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Alternative Formats

I have been playing ptcgl since the beta released in m country and i realised that i kinda miss formats like the theme deck format or expanded format. I know the expanded format will be completed after this year but I think the developers should also included alternative formats like theme deck since not only is it a fun format but good for new players to start with. the developers should also not only add all the theme decks (latest being the charizard and drednaw theme decks from vivid voltage) but also add all the level 1 v battle deck products and the new soon to be released ex battle decks. I really hope the developer will implement it since it can get boring playing standard everyday.

Comments

• uncomonfossil
    uncomonfossil Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees 25 Likes

There should be a couple of alternate formats within live. The Level 1 Battle Decks are essentially the new theme decks, so this could be a good format.

• FriendlyRaid
    FriendlyRaid Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

There's no reason Expanded shouldn't be fully functional now. It's the only other format that exists other than Standard. I have no faith that it will be functional on June 8th.

• FriendlyRaid
    FriendlyRaid Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

There's no reason Expanded shouldn't be fully functional now. It's the only other format that exists other than Standard. I have no faith that it will be functional on June 8th.

• autogatos
    autogatos Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic 5 Agrees First Comment First Anniversary

I can understand it not being ready for the initial launch, especially with how rocky beta has been. Fixing bugs and ensuring there are properly working clients for all devices (iPad client with landscape mode and proper resolution please?) should be the priority. But yeah I think theme decks/tournaments or other fun challenges/formats would be a nice addition in the future. I know some other TCGOs like Hearthstone do various themed events and I’d love to eventually see something like that here!