Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Any updates on Expanded full support?

I'm aware that a lot of the features from PTCGO are still in the works and they do not have all of the features quite yet. Although, has there been any updates on Expanded being updated? Would there even be a ranked ladder for expanded similar to how we switch the modes in Casual?

Comments

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes Name Dropper

TBH, I think that Pokémon is gonna permanently change the Expanded format to Sun & Moon on, which is probably a better format anyway. I still have no idea why there is no ranked ladder or especially friend battles for Expanded tho

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

Nope, nothing. It probably won't be for a few years.

That's not happening. The Live team has nothing to do with the actual game.

• MrPirate20000
    MrPirate20000 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    5 Likes Name Dropper 5 Agrees 10 Comments

I would LOVE if they could bring back a "theme" deck type format where users can only play with pre-made decks that are designed to be roughly equal. I absolutely loved being able to play with 'standardized' decks sometimes.

Would be nice if they could add back the old "theme" format and maybe have an "expanded and standard" style were the old (retired) theme decks appear in the expanded and the newly releasing "ex battle" decks (the old theme and v battle deck replacements) would appear.

• 10types

@TechHog Pokemon's dropping of expanded format in events as well as the fact that obtaining bw xy cards is harder than ever is a possible sig

• uncomonfossil
    uncomonfossil Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees 25 Likes

I do not expect the addition of the earlier sets into Expanded any time soon. (They really need to prioritize getting Standard worked out first.) I would think that they could add the ability to challenge friends within the Expanded format as it currently exists without too much complication.

• OldManHutch
    OldManHutch Member Posts: 7
    First Answer First Comment 5 Agrees

At the rate they develop small, broken patches - I'd expect XY block support by 2042 and BLW block support by 2069.

• 10types

Pokemon's dropping of expanded format in events as well as the fact that obtaining bw xy cards is harder than ever is a possible sign of this tho