Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Delaying the final play

Options

I am fairly new to the game and had a simple question. Why do players delay ending a game. They basically have what they need to knock out my Pokemon on the board and take their final prize card(s), but instead they play all the different cards that just drag the ending out. I feel like it is just taunting to continue making plays and drawing cards instead of letting the match end. When I am in that situation I just pull the knockout and end the game with mercy.

Comments

• StelLamp
    StelLamp Member Posts: 16
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Options

maybe they are trying a deck out and want to finish a combo or something.

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

four potential reasons why.

1) daily missions. Sometimes a player already has game on board, but they still need to evolve 1 more pokemon for their daily mission so the player keeps playing until they find their evolution.

2) Making sure they aren't missing something. A lot of the time a player thinks they have game on board, but they end up forgetting something, like an extra damage reduction from a Vguard energy or a radiant gardevoir, and end up losing the game because of that. Some players are too scared of that and prefer to always go for the maximum damage possible just in case.

3) Sometimes a player doesn't realize they have game on board.

4) Sadly, some people are not very nice and enjoy taunting other players.