Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Game is Poorly Optimized for Mobile

PTCGL runs poorly on my iPhone 13. Any time I have attempted to play on mobile, my phone heats up tremendously and battery drops rapidly. It would be fair to claim that I could play maybe 10 games on a full battery before my phone is completely dead (and that's being generous). Playing a single game on my phone consistently drops my battery 8-15% depending on the length of the game. This has been a recurring issue since I have been able to play the mobile version of PTCGL. After looking at the minimum and recommended specs for iOS devices, I was shocked to see that the minimum is an iPhone 7 and the recommended is an iPhone X. With how poorly the game performs on my 13, I can't imagine the game even opening on an iPhone 7.

Since the launch of the mobile version of PTCGL, there have been several updates, but the performance on my iPhone 13 has not improved in the slightest. PTCGL is supposed to be better than PTCGO. There are some aspects that are definitely better, but I cannot play either game on my mobile device. The difference between these two games in this aspect is that PTCGO never claimed to be playable on iOS phones.

It would be fair to claim that the mobile version of PTCGL will be the version that MOST people see and try. Unfortunately, I think the current state will push more people away from playing the game on their mobile devices. Please make mobile optimization a priority.

Comments