Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What just happened to quickball and pal pad???

Ok, I was playing an hour ago. Shut down to have dinner. Came back and my deck has been messed up. First you take my net away... And now quickball AND pal pad?? What gives!!?

Comments

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

Rotation happened

• Domornot
    Domornot Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Rotation didn't exactly happen. Nest ball isn't listed as legal and pal pad was reprinted in scarlet and violet. Just another issue with the update.

• Edurandomnumber

@Domornot Nest ball and pal pad are not legal because Scarlet and Violet haven't release yet, they'll probably be legal once the set releases in the game.

• CaustiCorrosive
    CaustiCorrosive Member Posts: 14
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary

What is Scarlet and Violet?

• kot123456
    kot123456 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 100 Comments 25 Likes First Anniversary

Pokemon Generation 9's mainline games. The Pokemon Trading Card Game usually follows their expansions with the name of current generation's name.

• CaustiCorrosive
    CaustiCorrosive Member Posts: 14
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary

Thank you!

So does this mean my cards won't work in game anymore? Like MTG?

I had a brutal moon and sun deck and yesterday I was notified that the net was banned. I thought because I was using it too much that the game people didn't like my strategy. Will net, quickball, and paypal be back so I can continue to use that deck?

• Edurandomnumber

You can still play them in expanded, but in standard they won't be legal unless they get a reprint.

speaking of reprints, scarlet and violet should release either today or tomorrow, and has a reprint of pal pad and nest ball (which does something similar to quick ball).

• stealthboy2600
    stealthboy2600 Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Answer Second Anniversary

Just curious - how can you play Pokemon and not know? I'm legitimately curious :). It's the new set of cards that comes out tomorrow along with rotation happening to move all "D" cards out of standard.

• Ishmill88
    Ishmill88 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

I'm just as baffled as everyone else, it's not just a few items that have been banned, loads have as all of my decks are now unplayable in standard format!!! Not sure what is going on? Does anyone have any info on this?

• Brandonusofa
    Brandonusofa Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    5 Likes Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Answer

A moment of silence for quick ball and pal pad...