Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Game banned from itself?

Looks like about 90% of the cards are banned from standard play. I don't have even a single valid deck at the moment. TCG:Live explosion?

Comments

• DummuleDeath
    DummuleDeath Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Same. I'm disappointed right now.

• Radiogrunt
    Radiogrunt Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Yeeeep just logged in and ban hammer on everything thats D rated out of rotation almost all my decks arent playable till i can get the new ones to replace

• GlutenFreeCode
    GlutenFreeCode Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Update: nothing is wrong, this is rotation going into effect. More info: https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/2023-pokemon-tcg-standard-format-rotation-and-pokemon-tool-errata

• Nightlinez
    Nightlinez Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

Yep same here. Had to change out what felt like VERY standard cards? Applin, evolution incense, a single vmax pikachu??? Some of these cards I JUST got too… I understand rotation and all but it is frustrating. Especially if you’re newer to the Post Wizards era like me haha. Feels like almost half of my cards don’t work? One thing if they had daily log in rewards or more opportunities to get new playable cards in the meantime. The SV physical cards are not even officially released till the 31st here so it’s not easy to just get codes too. Wish we had more of a warning other then then the error message from scoop net I believe?

also, seems like some cards are just showing as acceptable to play with after you re add them?? At least for me ha

• daniel_son87
    daniel_son87 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Seems like a cash cow. Pokemon make you buy more card packs, for the same cards just a different design. I thought this wasn't suposed to happen until September? Also how are we suposed to get the new cards if we cannot even buy the packs virtually in-game yet? Bit of a joke IMO.

• N4te2014
    N4te2014 Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Name Dropper

codes for SV aren't working

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

They made rotation happen earlier (it was supposed to happen tomorrow), cards from regulation D will no longer be legal in Standard unless they got a reprint with an updated regulation mark.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes
  • Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

@daniel_son87 last year rotation was postponed until today to match the japanese rotation (we used to rotate way earlier than japan and had formats they never planned to exist), now we rotate at the start of each block like japan, instead of after worlds.